Passed First Time

Derek

Passed first time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arrived at Nottingham at 07:30, test booked for 08:30. Mr Haresign started the test at 08:00 found some loose wires under the bonnet. Tied them up with cable ties.

The foam I had put around the spring adjusting nuts was not adequate. So he suggested putting a cable tie inside some 1/2 in fuel tubing to put around the nuts so the corners could not be touched by the test ball. :huh:

The RH supplies flasher repeaters have too sharp edges, needed rounding off to 2.5mm radius,and screw incerts filled with silicone, be warned. :gdit:

Fuel filler as supplied by RH required some extra protection as it protruded more than 6mm. Thanks to Dave for providing some 5mm edging strip with a tie wrap inside. :lol:

Fog light must shine Horizontally so had to be packed with fuel tubing at the top (not the RH supplied light). ;)

We then went into the test hall and to the speedo test, passed.

Then emissions Passed after taking the air filter off, not letting enough air through, therefore too rich. :unsure:

Up on the lift, one lock nut missed off the bottom UJ on steering.

Some cables needed protection from sharp edges.

Brake test done but results have to be calculated.

Noise levels 98.6db with standard RH exhaust and restrictor.

We went into the reception area to wait for the paperwork.

I could not believe it when Mr Haresign gave me the pass certificate. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all you for the advice I have taken from this website. B)

I hope I can contribute something in return.

See you at Stafford. ;) :p

Guest Bob's Babe

:D Congratulations! :D

Hope to see you driving round Nottingham. :D

Tim will want you to bring the car to the notts monthly meeting, they meet this week so come along and show her off!! if you need details give us a nod

SUE :wub:

Guest graham dockerill
;) Congrats Derek , sounds like your tester was really helpfull, the feeling when you get a pass on a car you built yourself is terrific , where can we get stickers that state " I BUILT THIS CAR"

Guest Sean Timney

Well done Derek.....I just passed recently....great feeling aint it!!!....mind you...looks like you were able to cure some points in situ....mr. SVA at Gosforth aint so forgiving :o

Now just the registration and you'll have a smile like the rest of us!!!!!....mines still a young smile, but will never go away!!!

See you at the shows this year.........cracking result!

Sean.

Thanks for the replies. :lol: I am still grinning from the ride home on Sat. :lol:

Sorry I could not make it to Notts meet Sunday, but if Bobs Babe could give me some directions to the venue I will try for next month in the Hood. :D :D

If not the hood the tin top will have to do. :angry:

Is the meeting on 06.03.05?