Front Crossmember For S7

Guest rufus

Got my S7 propshaft on exchange from RHE - don't know if they still do that.

The doughnut was only really a damper in a straight run of the shaft on the sierra. In your S7, even if you think you've got the run dead straight (and the standard fit isn't straight - you need to lower the gearbox mount to get it near straight) the doughnut ends up acting like a uj and it doesn't like it. Early on there were a lot of doughnuts going - I remember talking to a bloke at a show who had had the thing go at speed. Fortunately the S7 tunnel is relatively thick but it had thrashed around inside the tunnel and made it into a round cross section and actually moved the tunnel wall into his thigh. Advise changing it for a proper (ha, ha) shaft asap.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies and help. My RH is a Sierra S7. I'm having trouble tracking down a series 1 Sierra, ebay, Friday-ad, Autotrader and E&M. I've nearly cleared my garage so hopefully all systems go after I have stripped my Jag XJ 40 so the drive will be clear too. Again thanks for all the help. By the way have any of you have a 4 into 1 exhaust left over after fitting a Zetec?