Superspec Side Panels

e666

Hi folks,

I've been making steady progress on the build and have left fitting any panels till now (wanted to get all the internal stuff like wiring loom fitted first).

So I've watched the vids.. again <_< ... and fitted the side panels and made the outward curve like Richard talks about... but ..... in doing that there are gaps at the ends of the panels into the rear wheel arch area. So I've taken the things off again.

Did anyone else have this (or have I done something wrong? ) At the moment I'm thinking.. bugger I need to fabricate some form of inner panel to stop the outside coming inside :wacko:

help, thoughts, piccys would be really really appreciated.

cheers

e

PS... gonna try and start the engine up over the weekend :ph34r:

http://www.nwhoodies.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/side_panels.htm

He's how i did it, with lots of help from Tony Tank and Jim.

But yes, if the SS is the same as the 2b (and i doubt RS would change it)

then you need to make some infil bits, mine are ss infils but others have used marine ply, or even expanding foam, or a combination of.

HTH

Mitch

Guest Kieran

On my 2B, I found it a lot easier to form the rear wings, and then clamp the side panel to the resulting curve, and rivet it together, rather than try and guess the curve on the panel.

Kieran :wacko:

Guest chris brown
bugger I need to fabricate some form of inner panel to stop the outside coming inside
That’s a fact it does leave a big hole some people have used expanding foam to fill them others like me spent hours with card making patterns then making small stainless panels to box it in finally sickaflex to seal it all up