Wheel Studs

Mat-Moo

Well my monstros new wheels need longer studs, which is not an issue as I already had another set with the kit when I got it... however what is the best way to replace them, mostly the back as the front hubs are off at the moment. Do they need to press press fitted with a hydraulic press?

Guest trevor hooley

matt,

just knock the old ones out with a float and a big hammer, place your new studs in and a nut on the other end, wined them in with a torque wrench until they pull into place, you may need to pack the between the stud and nut with a spacer or some washers. This is the method we use on the rally cars as just knocking them in can damage the splines

karl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boggie

I agree with Trevor, I put a wheel nut on the end of the stud so the face was level with the end of the stud and bashed it out with a lump hammer. Then I simply pulled the new studs into place by fitting the wheels and tightening the nuts. You will need to retighten them once or twice after driving before they are trully home.

Boggie

Yep - had to take the hub off to do it in the big vice but no prob, basehed the old ones out, part bashed them in (aabout 1/2 way) then used a spaces and a nut (on backwards) to pull them in as tight as I could.