Colour Swap?

Grizzly

Hi All,

I've just gone out and tried to price a respray for the five plastic/GRP bits (2 x Clycle Wings, 2 x Rear Wing Trims & 1 x Nose Cone). This is because the kit I've purchased was part built and I therefore didn't get a colour choice! My plastics are not yet fitted and are in Red. It's not that I don't like red but I really wanted Green. Anyway the respray's going to cost me £260 !!!!

I don't suppose there's anyone out there in a similar position wanting red plastics instead of green???? Worth asking though.

Grizzly.

Guest chris brown
Anyway the respray's going to cost me £260
I bet at that price you think red is the best colour for your car. :lol: Auto paint has got very expensive but I suspect your quote is rather on the high side perhaps they didn’t want the job that’s what a mate of mine who has a body shop when he doesn’t want a job. At times it backfires and he ends up with a spray job he didn’t want but at least he gets well paid for it.

Guest mickmellors

Have you thought about doing it yourself?

Even if you have no equipment at the moment you can get a small compressor for £60-80 (£60 at LIDL/ALDI this weeks special) £25 for spray gun that would be good enough to do this type of task, £15 thinners, £20 primer, £40 top coat, £10 rubbing papers, you end up with the job done and you have a compressor and spray gun to keep at the end of the job, plus some paint for touching up stone chips etc all for a bit more than 1/2 your quote - RESULT !!!!

Have you thought about doing it yourself?

Even if you didn't buy all the kit, you could do it using spray cans from your local motor factors. You'd only be doing small areas so they'd be no trouble getting a good finish, and it'd be a fraction of the cost of having it done profesionally.

Or you could do all the prep work yourself and just have the pros do the top coat. That'd bring the price down a bit.

Guest peter2b2002

Hi , I resprayed all my fibre glass with Plasticote from B&Q & halfords if you follow the usual rules for respraying it give a nice finnish with a few coats of gloss, been on for a year now & still good.

pete2b

Thanks Guys,

I'll have a think about it (still some way off actually fitting these parts yet) and maybe go down the route of spraying them myself. If it dosn't cost too much and I bugger them up at least I can then decide on getting the job done professionally. B)

Thanks again...