Failed Art Chelmsford

Guest rusty

Guest rusty

:gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: help anyone one know what I can do the only thing it failed on was CO levels on fast idle and natural idle a reading of 1.50. the lambda readings were ok although last time it was tested it failed the lambda test and the CO readings were 0.00 and 0.02, all I have done since the last test is fill a few leaks in the clamp and exhaust with putty. in desperation I got a mobile cartune company to test the emissions £58 later all that acheived was more print outs and the possibillity of a faulty Lambda sensor he rcomended a proper Rover one would probally solve the problem, any ideas I am gettig desperate now and the prospect of another £30 retest plus £78odd plus VAT for a new sensor its starting to hurt a bit anyway enough sobbing can anyone HELP

Bye for now

Rusty :blink: :blink:

I suppose it serves me right going for a retest on April fools day

PS sorry I ment at Chelmsford Not Art it's been one of those days

Guest rizla

:o the worst thing you can do is put exhaust sealer near or before a cat,they contain ingredients that reduce a cats performance.

id remove as much as possible,check your plugs/gap,and fit a new sensor as its probably faulty now its had to contend with exhaust past

Hi Rusty

This is/was a problem for Bugsy too, not sure if he fixed it yet, (come on Paul get it back for the retest)

His thoughts were there could be a small hole in the manifold where the four pipes go into one (right in the centre, small gap where its not welded)

heres the reports from his last test, all the way back in September :ph34r: , so he could have found a fix now ;)

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=4882&hl=

HTH

Mitch