Robin Hood 3a

Guest Steve Allen

Guest Steve Allen

CAR NOW SOLD - SHE'S OFF TO LIVE IN FRANCE, WERE I HOPE IT's SUNNIER

Now the better weather is coming (apparently) I have decided to put my beloved RH 3A up for sale. My intention is to take it down to Stonleigh for the two days to see if there is any interest.

Brief Specification, if anyone is interested in further information then drop me an email. I have full build history including hundreds of Digi pictures from the start to finish and just about all the receipts.total build cost around £9000.00

Car was SVA'D in april 04 so (as pointed out another two years before the Next MOT).

Milage just over 1000.

All components new with the 3A kit, although most of the parts supplied by RH were binned day one for better.

Full new weather gear

All Brakes assembles new.

The only original Sierra part used was the rear sub frame and steering coulmn.

Engine: 2.1 Pinto (Total re-build from top to bottom) Bored out new pistons.205 Block. shortened sump

Crank balanced, flywheel lightened and balanced.

Burton Group 1 Big valve head, polished and flown.

Aldon ignition system (new)

All electrics are new as well i.e coil, leads and Rally/race Plugs

Breathing system modified (Head to sump) block to atmosphere

Currently running on new 45's but these will not be sold with the car, 40's will be put in place (45's wanted for next project)

XL22 cam 310 duration

Wunoff exhaust

tyres were also new and have only covered 1000 miles.

Every bolt supplied by RH was binned and replaced with BZP or Stainless

Capri Clocks

CD player

individual Tie rods and Rose joints fitted

Red top fuel pump

Filter King Fuel regulator

Samco Hoses

Boot cover

Spare wheel

Forgot the important thing: BHP over 170 at the Flywheel ( should be, over 2.5 k spent on the engine alone)

Oil cooler also fitted

Electric fan

Oddessy high back seats

willan seat belts

Total cost over 9K

Looking for offers around £5,500. this is really a well built car and is as new, in my opinion worth that little bit more than some RH's bring

Thanks Steve

post-17-1114323121.jpg

Guest Steve Allen

Led to believe 1 year, some DVLA centres are now saying you need to get an MOT straight after you have passed the SVA test, unless of coarse you have been given a new plate i.e 54. as all the parts used were new, hence the car is classed as a new car.

Guest chris brown

I suspect those of you with age related plates will require a MOT before you can get your next tax I know my reminder came after 1 year with the list at the bottom saying I needed MOT and insurance.

Guest chris brown

In that case Mark it must be that each area DVLA office interpret the rules differently when registering the car I notice that they have mine as date of registration as 01-11-2002 but in section 10 New Keeper Supplement it says. Date of registration 01-11-02 (DEC/D MANUF 1988) so that may be the difference.

Guest Steve Allen

will have to see what the Tax form says then,it not due for a few weeks,just going off what the SVA chap said. would be nice to think it didn't need a mot. will advise when the form comes, more to the point does anyone want to buy my pride and joy

Steve

Guest Steve Allen

Funding is never an issue when building a Robin Hood. just go to the bank, Borrow, go way over the top on the spec, don't tell the wife, create a monster of a car, decide then you really enjoy getting your hands dirty and then decide to sell it to do another.

forgot: then make a huge loss but someone else gains, work harder then in work to pay off the first car and go back to the bank for more money for the second.

See the funding is simple.

God i hope the wife doesn't read this

Steve

Guest Steve Allen

I contacted the DVLA today and you may well be right about the MOT. The tax renewel form has come and states nothing about the MOT certificate other than look on VOSA website or consult the V112g Form. The VOSA website states if the vehicle is registesred on a piticular date as new then an MOT is not required for three years from that date. Mine states 15th april 2004. moral of the story: forget what the SVA chap says and go with the VOSA guide. will see when i come to tax it what happens.

Change to add: 3A for sale, MOT required 15th April 2007, will tax for 6 Months, complete bargain so someone please show some interest in this lovely car, test rides, viewing etc, welcome

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve Allen

AS stated in the main add, this car will be at the show, Sunday and monday, should anyone want to have a good look.

Best of Luck to Salty Monk with his 2B also.

Cars never seem to sell on the club site. Perhaps better luck at the show then Ebay i suppose.