Continental Driving

Guest racer

Hi you soon get use to it, take your time.

I have found that right turns can be the worse when there two lanes to turn into.

I have driven from New York to La in a week. Through France Belgium and Germany, the Greek islands and last year down to Le-mans with the Hood the French roads are great.

Have just got back from Cyprus and I know they drive on our side but the roads are just tracks in some places great fun in a 4X4 that we had.

Go for it.

Good fun.

Stephen

I've now got old & forgetful, so I tie a brightly coloured boot lace onto the right hand side of the steering wheel as a reminder. Works every time, & gets everyone talking to you, asking what its for!!.

Worst situation is pulling into a garage on the LHS (wrong) side of the road.

Pulling out, you look backwards & steer by instinct onto the LHS of the road.

Otherwise, after 1/2 hour it all seems to make more sense than driving on the left.

Guest racer

Right ,my minds more or less made up!! This will probably come back to haunt me next year (as if you lot would throw it back at me ,nice guys you lot .honest ! :lol:) ....................I f all goes to planI'm going to give Le Mans or some other continental trip a try next year . ..........(backs away to corner to tremble nervously :D ) ROD