Exmo

Guest yellow peril

Guest yellow peril

hello all,

having noticed a hair line fracture in the front suspension arms on the exmo, I just wanna run past those who know,,, to check the fix will suffice. hopefully a picture will appear on this link to make the following waffle mean something (althought the enclosed 'art' is in no way meant to be good, so please do not give me marks out of ten for artistic interpretation because it is pants''')

at the mo their is a round plate that the coil pushes up to, and for some reason a small bearing which sits on top of this. the small bearing sits under the bottom of the exmo suspension arm and bears the full brunt of the suspension with a nut on top of the arm. over time obviosly the pressure on the small bearing has put far to much force on the steel over a very small area and has led to the steel stretching. I was just going to remove the small bearing and fasten the plate directly up to the underside of the arm, with a big washer on top, underneath the tightening nut as well to spread the load. the plates hole for the strut is too big, but with the coil being tightened under pressure, I presume there isn't much chance of the coil slipping from under the plate....

I ope that made some sense. please advise at to if this will suffice as a fix

post-3-1113252432.jpg

The small bearing is there to allow the strut to rotate when steering is applied; removal will impede this movement.

My answer was to plate the area (4mm s/steel) top and bottom to spread the load, I also took the oportunity to set the camber to the same measurement on both front wheels.

HTH

Greg

• 2 weeks later...