Can you answer a few questions for me

i`ve tried to fit the engine today and have come up with a few problems

1. Is the engine sump surposed to rest on the cross member

2. Why at this point is the engine mountains still about 1/2 inch from engine

mountain plate on both sides

3. What secures the gearbox to the chassis near the gear lever

4. Where the gearbox goes through the chassis at the bulk head, is the gearbox

surposed to sit on top of the two L shaped brackets or touch them as mine does

I surpose your thinking, why in hell doesn`t he look at the video? well the answer to that is that my wife recorded eastenders extended edition over video 2 :angry:

Thanks Troy :wacko:

Hi all,

Living with 4 kids I had the same problem.........I went to check out the floor fixings an tape A one day, and I ended up watching "power rangers the movie".

Robin Hood Engineering don't take out the tabs on the back of the cassette to stop you recording over the tape.

I called Robin Hood and spoke to Richard, who told me I should beat my kids, however he would send me a replacement tape for £10.

Give them a call.

Jay.

If it's a 2B/04 then surly it's the mini McPherson like the earlier Sub-K,

Anyway, my sump rested on the chassis bar when I tried to fit the engine so I used BIG WIDE washers on the engine mountings (top and bottom) to raise the engine up a bit and give some clearence for when the engine rocks. Make sure you have lock washers on the engine mounts and that the thread still comes through the nut so the SVA man can see it locking. If you have an injection then as the engine is higher it may fowl on the bonnet as mine did.

There is a large mounting plate that came out of the donor car that the gearbox screws into at the bottom near the gear stick, use this plate and drill through the chassis to mount it to the car.

Would a lowered sump solve the problem?

Copying video's that have been supplied by RHE unless for your own use could infringe copyright however if someone had a full set and if someone had lost a tape through no fault of their own i may be able to assist in the repair of the damaged tapes.

E-mail direct.