Thermostatic Control

Guest chris williams

Guest chris williams

:rolleyes:

Hi all,

having ditched the RH supplied fan I have put a neat little Nissan fan that fits perfectly behind the rad that was supplied for my 2b. my question is though does any body know of the best way to get this to work thermostaticly, rather than all the time????

Any ideas or suggestions very welcome.

Well as it happens - I have used a switch from Merlin Motorsport which "trips" at 82 degC and turns on my fan. I was intending to convert my Sierra to the same type of system but the plan has changed so I have one of these spare (in it's original packet even). Not sure what the current price is but if you convert it to pints and divide by two you may win a switch. Of course you will have to wait until I find it. I've just moved garage. And for anyone else who's interested I also have an electric fan from a CVH Sierra which is still attached to the duct work for the Sierra rad.

Oh yes - I drink Cider ;)

Iain

Yeah, I used Jim's wiring diagram and it does just what it says on the tin. Visited the local Roaduser and asked for a thermostatic switch for anything (they hate that!) and came away with a neat Metro one. Made a housing for it to go in the top hose and Fanny's yer Aunt. I used a Nissan cherry rad. Total cost £11-60. Bargain!

Nigel

Guest paul mercer

I bought a Thermostat set up from NF autos. it's adjustable and comes with all wiring needed and instructions. the sender slips into one of the water hoses. i think it was about £40.

Premier wiring do one that will go into the top hose (in fact they have various sizes) and they have a number of different temp settings, I have a two temp switch in mine, coupled to a twin speed fan, the first one comes in at 87º and off at 83º, the second one comes in at 93º and off at 87º (never needed this yet) the Vauxhall or Ford switches will both fit also.

Check out their advert in one of the kitcar mags.

Guest chris williams

B) Thanks to all of the above in particular Ian Brooks. By chance I have managed to come across one for free from a friend who is retoring his Triumph Stag (another car with overheating probs)!! Anyway thanks to all for your advive and keep up the good work.

chris