Hello

Guest macca

Guest macca

Hi all

Just picked up a part built sub K. It has the roll bar and stainless panels so hopefully it will look a little like a 2B when its complete.

It has sat in a garage for 2 years, and the bits off the donor were not cleaned up so 1st job is to take it all apart!!!!

If anyone is interested check out my progress on http://www.coventrykitcar.co.uk

Macca B)

EDITED: crap spelling

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Macca,

Welcome to the mad house :D

That's a nice big garage you have there and I love the idea of the settee, I have to stand whilst I puzzle out my next move.

Welcome...........

Double garage lucky b*gg*r, i demolished mine prior to the start of my build, but thats another story.

Did the same thing to my series 3. Only had a half fitted rear axle took it to bits new seals, paint, brakes, pipes etc. I am up to the cockpit and dash at the moment.

Keep up the enthusiasm and the web site,keep using this club site, it's got most of the answers.

Guest Guy
hopefully it will look a little like a 2B when its complete

Nothing wrong with the Sub-K, if it has SS panels then the kit wasn't below £1K anyway :D. Be Proud :lol: .

Guest macca

Thanks for the encouragement

Had the garage built last year especially for something like this. It is 16 foot wide and 25 foot long, plenty of roon to move around the car. Also has hot and cold water and a toilet!!!!! No need to go back to the house ever again. (except to steal the microwave B) )

Guest paul2
:D are you sure you have not got a copy of my sub k, same spes, same cond, loads striping,loady money to be spent and last owner of mine brought another bike, ;)

Guest docter fox

hello and welcome :D

you'll end up changing most things you do so just enjoy it :p

PS. I would happily live in your garage

Guest Battery Bill

Mark

Nice to see a new buider and thanks for the link, We will return the favour of course. :D

Just stick with it and build at your own pace and most importaint of all "Enjoy it" :D :D

See you

Bill and Joey

Welcome to the club mate.

I like the site - and your philosophy....I can see I will be checking on your progress regularly.

Looks like you bought a bit of a basket case there. It looks like the previous owner wasn't concerned with overhauling the donor parts at all - are you going to get that engine out and teach it some manners? I'm sure you'll find all manner of things need attending to - I'd start by whipping off those side panels - it doesn't look like either spacers have been used or the folds re-bent (the top edges are wonky and you've got a hell of a bow at the front of the nearside panel.

Good luck and keep up the good work! ;)

Guest chris brown

Hi Macca,

Welcome to the site we did have a chat at Stoneleigh. I have just had a look at your site and see you are using hamer*bleep*e PLEASE throw it away (unless you have some iron railings to paint) it is worse than useless on a car as not only does it chip very easily but it lifts away and holds water causing rust to form quicker than if the metal was left untreated. Use a good chassis paint or POR15, try doing a search as the subject has been discussed at length several times.

Guest macca

Thanks for the advise. Ill have a look for some better paint.

As for the previous owner, I am still in touch with him and had a chat with him yesterday. He said that he wanted to get the car on the road for the coming summer, then planned to clean it up over the following winter. Ah well its getting done now.

He is a welder/metal worker and I am hoping to get a fuel tank knocked up. I looked at a few at the show but think it would be better to make one to fit just behind the Diff. When it gets done ill post the details on my site, so look out for it.