Pedal Box

Grizzly

Guest chris brown
steering wheel askew with the dash
Yes it is but with the 11" wheel on it is not noticeable somewhere in among the 12 hours of video Richard does mention this.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest paul2

:boohoo: just found another pannel to take off again.. forgot side repeaters. :boohoo: mind you im getting good at takeing things off more than once.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting into this now - Basically re-juggling everything. Richard mentions in the video to look out for cracking on the pedal box... Guess what? Yep I'll be having to get this welded!!! :boohoo: Also, Richard says that you can tip the Pedal Box mounting plate backwards in order to push the pedals further away. At 6 feet, I reckon I could do with this - Has anyone done this, or have people just cut & shut the pedals? If so there's another trip to the welder on the horizon!!

Guest Battery Bill

Grizzly

Im 6ft 4 and had real problems fitting in the demonstrator so we tilted our pedal box and cut the pedals to suit my big feet. Got loads of room now.

Details on our website.

Bill

Guest MikeD318

Grizzly

Richard mentions in the video to look out for cracking on the pedal box... Guess what? Yep I'll be having to get this welded!!!

We had this too and got a new one direct from Ford for about £10. no need to weld it :)

Mike.

Guest salty_monk

I would think tilting the pedal box also means it's more essential to get the 55mm clutch quadrant as it might cut pedal travel down even more....

Guest chris brown

Grizzly. By the time you have done you may find it cheaper to buy yourself a small MIG something like a SIP Migmate 130 Turbo or similar if you are not using it all the time Halfrauds do the small through away gas bottles. I don’t think I could have built my car without the welder

Guest old_timbo

I wanted to reduce clutch pedal travel so that I could reset the return stop to make the clutch and brake pedals sit at the same level and comfortable to use. Met Chris at a meet on Sunday and he showed me how to mod. the yellow 45mm quadrant rather than looking for a 55mm quandrant (thanks Chris!). Have carried it out and all works a treat - no more clutch drag and sensible pedal postions. Here is a pic.

post-5-1118315967.jpg

Guest salty_monk

Main benefit with chris's way as far as I can see is you may be able to do it without taking the pedal box out again if already fitted... Only takes around 30 mins out & in though... :)