2b Jack?

Guest pistol

The stuff that you spray into the tyre does get you home, but I believe (not confirm) that the tyre is then knackered, as no-one will repair the original puncture (allegedly)

The recovery services are talking about charging people for the recovery if they have a puncture and don't have an inflated legal spare wheel to fit. Decision hasn't been finalised yet though.

Mine are directional (F1's) and I carry a spare (set for N/S as that's where most of the crap, nails, etc will probably be) and I won't worry at all about fitting it to which-ever wheel needs it, until the puncture is repaired.

Guest alan rowe

mine's the same as yours Jim - F1's and spare for near side - i'd use the RAC to help me jack up and change the wheel, not just to get me home (i've got such low ground clearance i'm not sure even if a scissor jack could get underneath when the tyre is flat - might have to use 2 jacks, one either side)

A

Guest gordon_macnab
The recovery services are talking about charging people for the recovery if they have a puncture and don't have an inflated legal spare wheel to fit. Decision hasn't been finalised yet though.

My everyday Focus came from the factory without a spare wheel (spare wheel well isn't big enough) just a tin of foam and a compressor so don't see how the breakdown services can penalise people for things oputwith their cointrol.

I'm sure some of the "CC" folding roof cars don't have spares either as there's no room in the boot.

Gordon

I did say they hadn't finalised anything yet. But having seen how many people have flat spare wheels, so call out the AA or RAC, there is obviously a problem.

But with the can of foam, people have the means of getting themselves home OK, it's what happens afterwards when they've not re-newed it, why should our membership fees go towards sorting some so&so's problem out, when they've either been too lazy or tight to replace it. :angry:

Guest Dredd

The spare in the wifes Merc SLK has a spare wheel that is collapsed, i.e. the walls are pushed in and the whole tyre is compressed. Alongside that is an air compressor.

Guest FIRSTBUILD

most old Nissans have a scissor jack in the boot , I managed to get one still in its original bag -- do remember though they are ok to change a wheel but very unstable for any other work , the base is so narrow - better to get the wife to hold up one corner while you change the wheel really (if you can stick the moaning)

:lol:

Guest pistol

Bit of a heated debate this one. :rolleyes:

most old Nissans have a scissor jack in the boot

Had no luck finding a Mini spare at the scrapyard. I did manage to find a scissor jack in the locked boot of a Sunny (In the scrap yard), the only car which still had one. I think your right most old as well as new Nissans have the scissor type jack.

Guest micky bigthumbs

Ok ill cary a jack but i think i'll try the spare wheel it looks smaller than the ones on the car and the holes look different