Carb And Manifold Wanted

Guest joni

Hi All,

I'm after a new carb and inlet manifold for a 1.6 pinto. I'm after one with a water automatic choke but definitely not a Pierburg and in good condition. I also have a points dizzy if that makes a difference to the type of carb I need. The more simple the better. I don't know anything about setting up carbs and I'm so fed up with the Pierburg I just want to spend some money on something which will definitely work.

Thanks, Joni

Joni

You need to be careful here. What was wrong with the Weber 28/30 DFTH I sent you? Although it has an electric choke, that is easily overcome, or fit a manual one.

From our discussions before, I think your engine may be an Emax, in which case the inlet manifold is different, so a standard one will not fit. Be careful not to waste your money!

To get through SVA it may be easier to just get a refurb kit for your current carb, if you buy another you will need all sorts of linkages as well, if you can find one to fit.

BTW if you don't need the Weber, Mike G is having trouble with his I think?

I'd get it on the road and worry about upgrading later.

Good luck!

Andy

Thanks Jim I just missed it, damn!

Andy, the carb worked intermittently, sometimes it would idle really nicely and other times it would run a very fast idle (no rev counter so I don't know exactly how fast) and then cut out. I haven't really done any work on the Hood for about 2 months hence the long time between getting the carb and trying to get hold of a new one. I'm not really sure what to do as I don't know much (anything) about engines I'm not sure if I should keep on trying with the Weber 28/30 DFTH or try a new carb and manifold. I'd be happy to buy a carb and manifold just to try and get it working cos I'm running out of time to get it going for the rest of summer.

So what should I do? :huh: :(

Joni

Yeah, fit a manual choke. That carb ran brilliantly on mine - only reason I changed it was that I got a brand new one off ebay for a fiver!

When it is running intermittently, have a look at the choke flap (on the barrel furthest away from the engine) - if it is closed or partially closed, then the choke is sticking on.

You could try, during the summer, to remove the electric choke bit altogether, you should not need it if you pump the throttle a few times. You will have to 'fix' it off by stopping the small choke lever from moving.

Andy

• 2 months later...

Joni, I have the EMAX carb and manifold for sale, just taken off my 1.6 engine, which is also up for sale.

I have located a carb now so I will let it go, if you still require a carb give me a ring on 07836639761.

Regards

Mozzer

Posted 9th October ar 21,15pm.

I have a whole webber carb and manifold that i have left over on my pinto after ditching the whole lump for a new engine, the pinto was from an f reg sierra 2.0, would this be what you are after?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alan_builder

Hi all,

I have carb & manifold, our Hood suffered sump damage in Bordaeux, cam belt broke and now our hood has injection. I think the carb was a Ford VV it has a watercooled choke and was fitted to a 2L P100. It has a pancake airfilter fitted. Will get photo if any one is interested.

I also have a pair of 40s and a short inlet manifold. The combo owes me £220, again will take photo if there is any interest.

Alan

Alan_buyer