Kit Car Finishers

Guest MJTyke

Guest MJTyke

Although my 2b kit car is SVA'd & Registered there are loads of one off jobs that need doing, decent cockpit trimming and re-fitting the bonnet being the main ones. Does anyone know of a "kit car finishing/engineering" company in the midlands that could be contacted to help me out or are there any members who for a fee would be interested in providing such a service ?? Usual story, no time or space to do the work myself.

Guest Battery Bill

Mark

or are there any members who for a fee would be interested in providing such a service ??

Sorry we are full up :lol: :lol:

You have to be careful as this sort of thing might get expensive as we found out :rolleyes: But obviously yours will not be as bad as our "Second" one :lol: :lol:

Have a look at our website to see what we took on !

Have a look at our website to see what we took on !

I wanted to see the "we have moved the battery" bit but the link doesn't work.

I could not believe you'd attempt it a second time round! And as for that K&N pancake filter... you trying to wind someone up? Why not install a nice plenum chamber and get cold air into the carb?

Like this:

plenum_chamber.jpg

It looks a bit grubby at the mo (what with the failed attempt at sticking some padding on it to protect the bonnet) but it sure works...!

Guest salty_monk

Bill - thinking back to my car... I think your "spread washers" for the seat bolts have to be 4mm thick & bolted to the bottom of the car independently before the seat bolt goes through... (just something I remember from the SVA notes I was given by the builder)

Interestingly, the angle was fitted on mine but wasn't used as a seat support (for the seat bolts) I think it has another strength adding purpose so have a think before removing altogether. I have heard some people replace it with box section.

Petemate & Bob Tucker have this same model of car to name 2 if you want to pick some brains :)

Jon

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes: Look Here  :D  :D

you've got a blackslash instead of a forwardslash in your hyperlink which is buggering things up

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bill.b1/bill/pages3\battboot2.html

Guest Battery Bill

Not very good is he Grim :lol: :lol:

Dan

Yes I was thinking of a flat steel bar joining the four bolts (which will be welded to the seats) the bar would be riveted to the floor first before the seats are fitted.

:D :D

We have box section on ours so it might be a better idea copying that set up.

we are also intending to relocate the handbrake so we will not have the cable underneath the car getting in the way of the supports :D