It's Alive!

eddieH

Hi,

this evening, after many months of work and tea drinking, we got the engine running on our Hood!! :D Many many thanks to everyone that helped us get this far - a couple more months and we should be away! We nearly had to quit yesterday after a nasty accident involving a nice sharp drill and my brother's hand (holes heal don't they?). The pipework is all a bit jerry-rigged and the electrics are a rats' nest so a bit of tidying will be required before we move on to fitting the side panels and beyond. Hopefully a photo of the moment of ignition will appear below. Thanks again.

Eddie :D

post-13-1123530292.jpg

I posted on this earlier but its disappeared. Still got my settings wrong?

Its one of those moments in the build to be excited about, when the engine first runs in its new home. Also means you don't have to sit in it making your own vroom vroom noises anymore. :D

Nigel

Congrat's Eddie, I got mine running 1 week ago today, it's a fantastic feeling.

I managed to drill a 3.5mm hole in my thumb whilst making the rear arches, but it healed up fine. Mind you, my hands seem to like leaking red stuff in the garage :o :o :o

Nicko

Guest mkeats02

got mine started back in november, it was a good feeling only ran it for 30 secs, no plumbing, plumbed it all in gave it a couple of turns last friday to get the fuel pump working and it started!! :D :D

I have habbit of just going out to the garage and turning the key, it starts first time with no throttle, it is running nice and smooth!! :D :D I have had to disconnect the battery just to stop myself turning the key!!