Indicators

gomatthome

hi guys getting round to fitting lights does anyone have any dimensions as to where to mount front indicators to nose cone.

also nick tells me the repeat indicators are none compliant as supplied with kit any suggestions for supplier of compliant ones.

does the supplied front indicator comply or do you still need to add extentions.

think i have attached image

phil

post-8-1124791573.jpg

Guest Andy Rathbone

erm i know they have to be no more than 400mm from outside edge of the car (which could be the rear wheel arches!!) there is a minimum height but i cant remember off the top of my head.

Ford or a good motorfactors for your side repeaters, check they are nicely radiused and have an (E) mark. ;)

i used the grotty doner ones and changed the to clear after market ones when i got home :ph34r:

somone else should be able to confirm the height of indicators, i think its 300mm but i must check or somone else can :D

hope this helps

Guest Phil Slater

Just done mine.

Bottom of edge of reflector has to be a minimum of 350mm high.

I've extended my front units to ensure SVA compliance. Like many others they will be removed post SVA (a successful one of course :huh: )

I got a set of e marked (stick on) side repeaters from Halfords. Not particularly cheap but the bulb/wiring mount is reatively short which was an issue for me given how I'm paneling the inside of my car.

HTH

Phil Slater

Guest Phil Slater

Phil

As requested in your PM to me here are some phots. Sorry if they are too good it's a buddy awful day down here in Plymouth so I couldn't get the car out of the garage to take them and space is a little limited to say the least <_<

post-8-1124892915.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

Phil

They look as bad as our extended ones :lol: :lol:

Bet you will be glad to get rid of them after SVA :D :D

(Not slagging build quality just that they look daft that long)

• 2 weeks later...