Wipers

Adrian

have got to the wiper stage... as mini wipers are like rocking horse doings around here and its rainy i have had a go at the sierra wipers ' a la dick'

get movement alright,

windscreen in front of driver will be lovely and clear... passenger wont be able to see a thing, the nearside wiper stops vertical....if i take the bend out so the wiper doesnt sit fluch with bottom of screen it goes just past vertical.

have had the thing in and out playing with different length rods....have made the motor swing arm 10 mm longer as per past topic to no avail.

any ideas would be welcome....

should i wait for mini one or has anyone been here done this and can help.

:gdit: :boohoo:

Yep, 'twas I.

However, I decided in the end to bin the sierra set up and go with the mini one. I was not happy with the weight of the sierra unit on a pretty flimsy area of the bonnet and the mini set up is so much better. If you shop around you can get a good deal on parts from places like ebay. I have just bought a pair of brand new wheel boxes from mini-bits for half the price of the equivalent item from SVC.

Keep huntin' for the minis - they're still out there! ;)

i'm just in the process of fitting wipers from a mk 1 nova, dead simple set up of remote motor similar to a mini one thin metal bar which can be cut drilled and rivited/screwed to the correct length that takes drive from motor to the nearside wiper spindle, then a second bar to join the spindles so they move in unison.

will let you know how i get on but if successful this may be a good option if mini wipers are getting scarce as there must be loads of dead novas in scrapyards

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lussjeeper

You're right keep looking for the mini set -up .......I wasted more time than I'm prepared to admit to trying to get the chopped sierra wiper assembly right.

Got a mini set on ebay quite quickly and a new stainless wiper/arm/trim set for very little money from the same source.

cheers,

dave

Guest Kieran

I got my mini set up by joining a mini forum. :p There's always loads of boys breaking mini's on there. I got mine for a £10 including postage couple of months ago... ;)

Kieran :wacko: