Robin Hood... Sports Cars

Mat-Moo

That RHE is now RHSC! There webiste now calls the company "Robin Hood Sports Cars Ltd." as appose to the old "Robin Hood Engineering"! Not important, just that I noticed... they also have more details of the new Super Spec pack on there as well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest daveg

Mat

I saw that a few weeks ago...they are trying to up their image which is a shame because they really have sown up the realisic end of the market with the 2b. Yes the new spec is very very nice...but its £9400 :o and it still has Sierra rear suspension!

The 2b is a very good chassis for the money IMHO :)

If the new model flops I hope they survive it :o

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

Yes I had to write my cheque for the new sidepanel to Robin Hood Sportscars, Gina pointed this out to me.

She did say they were not doing too badly and had taken a couple of orders that weekend. I think if it was the Old 2B prices they probably got a few more. But I suppose at the higher prices they do not need to sell so many.

Guest piddy

Hello All.

When I brougt my 2b, Robin hood were having pick up days every three month.

On each collection day there were 120 kits leaving there factory.

Thats a lot of kits. :lol:

I'm lead to believe that they have 140 super specs to sell. B) they would have been selling in the region of 160 2b's in about four months. :rolleyes:

Recently two people I know have been looking to buy a kit. They both wanted to build a 2b. :(

They both think that the super spec is out of there price range. :angry:

One of them is looking at alternatives Tiger Avon. :ph34r: Mk. :ph34r: And Leugo. :ph34r:

It seems a shame but I think Robin Hood will be back next year with a budget car. :rolleyes:

Lets face it how many of us would being driving around in this type of car if Robin Hood didn't exist. :unsure:

Piddy. :p

Guest daveg

Piddy

The good news is their web site states

we'll be resuming production of 2b and sub-k later this year

so advise your friends to get their doner and start stripping and painting... :D

Dave

I also noticed on RHSC web pages that they now have a picture of the prize winners fron the Stoneleigh show and a link to the owners club site.

Well done to the commitee for bridgeing the gap between the factory and RHOCAR

What you have done this year must have taken lots of effort and i for one would like to thank you.

Keep up the good work

Mitch

Guest Chris.A.

:) well sad , Mitch!

the new committee has ( since only Christmas,...remember) exceeded all expectations, Their sexist and shovanistic qualities are far out weighed by the sheer effort, fun loving encouragment, and good looks, of course!

I have learnt what I can do with a banana and a Cadbury flake, after the bar-b-q! :ph34r: have been tickled to death under the gazzeebo! :ph34r: and have felt a stiring!!! ( to do something for our band of men.......oooeeerr ducky)a stiring to put into the club the same joy I am getting. (does that sound a bit "Movie tone" or condersending?)what I meen to say is that our committee`s enthusiasm and warm approachability is contagious. I feel a real posative vibe. Lets all meet at Donnington and kick the **** (edit MHM) out of them!

Guest DaveB

Has anyone stopped to think why RHE (RHSC) stopped selling a sucessful product and brought out the super spec. I have a theory ! Richard and Gina have got the girlies from Newark show :p to help with a new set of videos, and as soon as they are finished the 2b will be re launched, perhaps they will include the cellulite suspension first shown at Newark.

Any more thoughts

Dave B :D

Guest mickmellors

Thanks Mitch and Chris

We might be putting the effort into building up the Club but its you chaps and dozens and hundreds of others like you that come to the events that make it the fun that it is.

Without you chaps and chapesses the Club would be nothing - with you it is what it is - GREAT FUN !

The thanks go to you all from us the few !

In response to Mats thread starter - and apologies to anyone else who didnt know - RHE became RHSC some time between Stafford and Stoneleigh (probably start of tax year April 5th) I didnt realise it wasnt common knowledge or I would have posted the news at the time.

Roll on Harrogate and Donington

Guest bugsy

Hi,

I have paid a deposit on a Super Spec at the Newark show :o , I know its rather expensive and a bit of a cheat but i have always wanted a Seven type car, When i first learned about RHE i was hooked on the idea of getting a 2B, The super Spec is perfect for me ( Not much mechanical knowlege but lots of enthusiasm).

I hope that while i am building it and eventualy driving it people still talk to me! :rolleyes: , and if anyone has any advice please let me know,

Thanks

Bugsy

Guest piddy

Hi.

I'm sure you'll be just as welcome in the club as every one else.

We just wont believe you when you say " I would fit them to my hood but cant afford it"

Well be like bees round a honey pot when the first of the super spec hit the road.

Piddy.

Guest bugsy

Sadly i didnt go for the turb option, i really streched my finances to the limit with the kit, i have gone for the all round disks and tit plate though, i would not recommend going to newark 4 weeks before you get married and putting a deposit on a car though, :huh: i will have the scars for a while, But it will be worth it!!! :rolleyes: .

If you are reading this lizzy SORRY!!!!! can i come back in the house now! :wub:

Guest nomis

I was wondering when someone would admit buying one.

I've also parted with my hard earned cash, gone for the Turbo rather than Tit paint and rear disks - Ordered for September.

When do you take delivery?