Getting It In Gear When Hot

Guest DGAV

Guest salty_monk

You need to replace the clutch cable with a new one, the damage will have been done already, when you take it off you'll be surprised at the resistance, mine could only be moved when yanked with a pair of pump pliers, in contrast the new one slides up & down by it's own weight!! :rolleyes:

Guest chris brown
Started to look at fitting the screen any tips?
If you are going to fit a hood then the measurement over the rollover bar to the rear panel is critical.

But if you haven’t already bought a hood set then don’t bother just fit the screen where you want it and either buy or make yourself a surrey (easy) and either buy or make yourself sidescreens (Not easy) This is what I would do if I was to build again, my hood is in the loft and has been for about 2 years and I use my car all year round.

As for the actual fitting I found the video to be not too bad in this case one of the few bits Richard did cover farley well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paul boatman

bit late again - just adjust the clutch by hand - depress the pedal and hold the quadrant - you will hear the ratchet click a couple of times - should work fine.

only problem is that you may lose the adjustment if you inadvertantly lift the clutch pedal - but its easy to redo.

Guest chris brown
depress the pedal and hold the quadrant - you will hear the ratchet click a couple of times - should work fine.
I agree with Dan the quadrant is released from the pawl each time you take your foot off the clutch. If not then its set wrong I have seen this happen when people have bent the pawl release arm out of the way but don’t do it as you can get into a position where the clutch clears ok but the release bearing is not allowing the clutch to engage fully and causing it to slip.