Robinhood News

Guest rizla

I still don't think the Lightwieght will have a long life-span. I'm convinced the front suspension mountings into aluminium box section will fracture the box secton after lots of duty. I sure the new owner will cut and run within the next 2 years.. and maybe disappear in a freak yachting accident in the Canary Islands... :lol:

But I'm sure they will be fine for road driving . . .

Guest chris brown

Interesting I just hope he sticks to it and doesn’t cut and run as Takumi suggests as I am waiting for the all wishbone 2B to come out (strongly hinted at Harrogate).

If I was selling catches I would have wanted this worded differently!!!!

AEROCATCH helps secure the……..2005 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship. The panel fastener AeroCatch has achieved its biggest success so far in only its first season of release

Scroll down to the bottom of Rizzla`s link

Paul

Interesting I just hope he sticks to it and doesn’t cut and run as Takumi suggests as I am waiting for the all wishbone 2B to come out (strongly hinted at Harrogate).

i asked him about the full wishbone 2b - definately coming out next year.

"In another move announced this week, Robin Hood have established a partner company in the South of England, who are an ex-F1 and current multi-million pound race preparation company and they will be developing a race-spec version of the Lightweight. The objective is to build a winning product that can be supplied, fully built or in kit form at a price unheard of in the race/trackday marketplace and the car will debut at Exeter in November."

Anyone guess who the "ex-F1 and current multi-million pound race preparation company" in the South of England are?? :huh:

Guest feralsprint

Toms been over in Asia building a new parts group, and out here in Australia helping run the Holden Racing Team and trying to buy back Holden Special vehicles, seems like even total disaster can keep him down ;)

Jon

I spoke to the new MD on Saturday. He seemed a rreally nice bloke and obviously has plans for the company. Firslty he has aquired a couple of companies and he is looking to go into competition with Caterham and Westfield, albeit not with the Robin Hood marque. He wants to keep RH a good value builders car and is brining out a new model next year, which he says will be a lighter weight version of the 2b and with all wishbone suspension.

He has hooked up with a race developer to create a race tuned lightweight which can be built out of the box or converted from a standard kit incrementaly as funds allow. This is intended to really compete on the track.

In addition the european market has opened up and he is after second habd cars to refurbish and establish a second hand business with part exchange options too!

Not bad going!