Fitting The Windscreen

Guest tom2b

My fixed scuttle and extension to join it to the firewall is now almost complete, wiper motor, mechanism and heater ducts are also nearly ready to fit so the next task will be to fit the windscreen. THe fitting of it shouldnt be too much of a problem, however i dont know exactly where to place it, can somebody tell me how far back from the rearmost louvre on a 2b that the windscreen needs to sit?

Any other tips on fitting would be great, as i bought mine as a part build i havent had the "pleasure" of watching the build videos.

depends if you want to fit rh wet weather gear

if you dont or are making your own then fit it wherever you like

there is however a measurement for the rh wet gear that someone else might remember! :wacko:

Guest Petemate

If you want to fit the weather gear, then make that a generous 66". Mine is so tight I couldn't fit the secondary hood frame as designed; instead, I cut it and fittd it to the roll bar. It then gives a bit of support & shape around the side windows. Tight to fit, but looks reasonable when on.

Pete

post-5-1129672676.jpg

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I dont know where it is but somebody posted a drawing with the measurements from the scuttle edges to the brackets - I found it really useful.

When you start to murder the support brackets you realse that there is a sort of "default position " for the screen but I found the whole process of bending and twisting the brackets a woeful job with little satisfaction at the end - the brackets look as if they should be on a stock car !!

Guest Battery Bill

The videos are very amusing on this subject :

Richard tells you that they bend into shape easily then it goes from one thats straight in one scene

to a fully bent one in another scene and Richard looks a lot older when its bent :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: