Stone Protection

Guest Peter Whiteley

Guest Peter Whiteley

Hi gang I have a question regarding the protection of the GRP wings, both front and rear on the underside to stop stone damage and subsequently the spiders web effect on the surface. I understand their is a sealant that can be applied ?

regards Peter

Guest Phil Slater

I've used two coats of Isoflex - Liquid Rubber (bought cheaply on special offer at my local Homebase) Not my idea as I'm sure I read in a thread of somebody else using the stuff but it was some time back so not sure where or when it was first discussed.

Phil Slater

Guest paul mercer

I used a brush on underseal. I think it is made by simoniz????? It's basica;;y like tar, but gives a nice thick rubberish finish. Not had a problem with it yet.

Paul

Guest Petemate

I too used a brushable rubber, Wundaseal I think it was, from CBS. There was enough in the tin to do inside both front (wide type) cycle wings, and both rear grp arches, and there is about a third of a tin left. Easy to apply, but it is silver in colour, so I sprayed a coat of Hammerite Stoneguard on. No probs so far, car used in the rain, and it's still all on.

i am using isoflex too

it sticks better with the tin of primer they sell with it

hasnt fell off yet and the only stone chip i have is in the nose cone where i didnt think i would need any ;/

:) saw a good idia on a mojo at donnington,the chap had stuck cheep thin car rubber mats to the inside of the wings,he said he used four of them from tescos at 79p each,ive just got some for my car,due to the toyos chucking up everything