Differences Between S7 And 2b

Guest samwilliams

Guest samwilliams

I'm currently trying to find a cheap kit car, and most of the options available seem to be robin hoods. There have been a few within my budget that I'm following up, a couple of which are S7s, the other being a 2B.

As I really don't have any idea what I'm talking about, could anyone tell me what the main differences between them are please?

Also, if I do end up going to look at any of them, I thought I'd be really cheeky and ask if anyone who does know what to look for, would be willing to come along and give me their opinion. The three I've spotted so far are in cardiff, milton keynes, and buckinghamshire.

Thank you very much

Sam

Guest docter fox

the main ones are pictured here (well the front suspension anyway)

the main difference is that the S7's are a monocoque chassis unit whereas the 2b is a tubular chassis with panels, have a go on the search function (top right) and see what you can find out.

whereabouts in the country are you? I'm sure there's plenty of locals willing to show you theirs (once they get going the problem is stopping them) perhaps even pop along to a local meet to have a look at the different cars

James

Guest megablade

Hi Sam,

We have quite an active group in the South West, with members owning all sorts!

Our club meet is the second Sunday of the month at the Compass, Tormarton (J18 M4). Come along and have a look.

I'm sure there are a number of us who would kick tyres :rolleyes: for you ;) Just give us a shout.

Pete

Guest craig cowley

iam in swindon and have a S7 so if you wanted to come and look it over feel free not for sale but i may be able to give you some pointers about the mistakes ive made in the past as i bought mine built and then had to re-wire the whole thing :gdit: but all good fun

Hi Sam,

I;ve spotted a major difference between an S7 and a 2b. Space! I've got an S7 and it's very cosy ... not really suited afor anyone over 6ft tall. My brother-in-law has a 2b, and there's stacks of space in there. If you're "slim" and under 6ft, an S7 is definitely an option.

T

Guest salty_monk

S7 is a monocoque chassis... 2b is tubular. There are different types of both using different donors & suspension setups.

The Series 3 is the monocoque one to go for in my opinion (Sierra based) & the the Wishbone 2b is the tubular chassis to go for.

Dan :)