Yahoo 2b Group

cairnnut

There are 2 groups on yahoo that I can see :-

- Robin Hood Kitcar (nothing much happening on here)

- Robinhood2B (more activity)

But I still prefer this board :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve

I can't get on to the site either and as it has loads of useful info on building 2b's I'd very much like to, any ideas what is stop me getting there?

Hi guys thanks for you sugestions I have spoken to steve as he is having the same trouble as me, I can get into every section of yahoo even the clubs help section but not the club bit ! We are both running XP that gets automatically updated I have tried enabling cookies and putting the security level at the lowest and put the address in the trusted sites. this has only happened recently so it must be from one of the updates . I have a big hammer but am not sure which part of the computer to hit, any ideas ?

As an aside, I have deleted my Yahoo! Groups membership because once listed in a group you tend to get massive attacks of spam. This is because when you become a member of a group your email address is visible in the member list, unlike this board which is much more secure.

I don't know why Yahoo haven't plugged this nasty security flaw, but until they do I will not use it. In any case I deem their user interface to be appalling. I would strongly advise anyone who dislikes spam not to use it. I get so much of it that i am seriously considering changing my ISP.

That'll be £.02, please!

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Just do as I did - register with Yahoo using my work e-mail account...

Big companies tend to run top anti-spam software, certainly don't get any spam to my work account!

Stuart.

Guest MikeD318

I set up a spam trap. Just create a hotmail account (Yahoo or MSN will do) and then register to groups and whatever else using this account. Although you have to empty it fairly regularly, it means you don't get any spam in your normal inbox.