Diff

Guest bernard

Guest bernard

I built my robin hood out of a sierra sapphire 2ltr,just wondered if anyone knows if i could put a limited slip diff in it without using drive shafts or would i need to put limited slip diff drive shafts in? Thanks bernie

Most easily found LSD's came with the bolt on Lobro type shafts not the push in type, however i have been told that you can put the LSD part of the diff in to any casing ( 7" to 7" or 7 1/2" to 7 1/2") and also that you can add the ring gear and pinion fron a non LSD diff to get the ratio you want. It does seem a lot of work though and may be worth your while buying the complete rearend.

Guest chris brown

Unless you have lobro jointed shafts (fitted to cars with rear discs) you can either fit the LSD into your diff as Paul says. Not an easy job as the crown wheel and pinion has to be preloaded and setting up can take a long time unless you have done the job before, requires the use of engineers blue, new crushable washers and lots of patience the easer and most successful way is describedhere