Mnr Wishbones (for Sliding Pillar Conversion)

Guest wesley_uk2k

Guest wesley_uk2k

I've just got off the phone from MNR (Mark Nordon Racing). I was hoping to buy their sliding pillar to wishbone conversion kit. Unfortunatly, they don't sell it anymore for various reasons. Not only that, but they won't sell the wishbones and other componants without a chassis. I can understand the reasoning behind it, but I really liked those bones.

What is everyone else doing who wants to wishbone their chassis? I haven't seen any posts about conversions recently. I really liked the easy camber adjuster on the wishbones. GTS have a similar system on their wishbones. Their quality is supposed to be spot on as well.

I had one idea where I would make up a book 'Ron Champion' front end, and then do a cut and shut. This would mean that, it would have tried and tested steering/suspension geometry. Not sure if the strength of the join between round tube and box section would be ok though? :blink: The other problem is that it'd be lots more work!

Any ideas?

Guest Ian & Carole

Wesley I think you will find that "Battery Bill" is changing the new car he and Joey are rebuilding from sliding pillar to double wishbone. I am waiting to see the out come. Any news Bill? :)

Guest Battery Bill

Wesley

Top secret hey

No we will put it all on the website :D We will make a design using Joeys Hoods front wishbone setup as a guide and hopefully make a few improvements on the way.

We will be making a jig or two to make the wishbones so they may be of use to others in the future.

:D :D