Mnr Wishbones (for Sliding Pillar Conversion)

Guest wesley_uk2k

Guest wesley_uk2k

Sounds good. Are you planning on running box section across the width of the chassis like on the plus pack or just mounting brackets?

Also, from the measurements I've taken, there's no way that the existing sliding pillar steering rack can be used without masses of bump steer. The rack I've got measures 800mm. Maybe RHSC will sell me the plus pack rack.

y05_m10_d22_steering_rack_dimensions%20(Medium).jpg

Guest Petemate

I too was advised by Marc, at Exeter, that MNR are no longer doing the conversion kits. Shame, as I liked the look of the way the square tube members fitted twixt the chassis rails. But I could accept that the work was not cost-effective for him. Never mind... BTW Bill, I couldn't find the "new car" bit on your site, or are you referring to the "part-built" section? If so, I take it you haven't yet put any details of the 'bones conversion on there yet?

Pete

Guest Battery Bill

Pete

BTW Bill, I couldn't find the "new car" bit on your site, or are you referring to the "part-built" section? If so, I take it you haven't yet put any details of the 'bones conversion on there yet?

Yes sorry I knew which bit I meant :lol: :lol: , Oh and Give us a chance we have not quite finished taking bits off yet (Tomorrow night the Floor and thats it, lets start again) :lol: :lol:

Wesley

We will end up trawling a scrappys for the rack. The Pillock one is enormous compared to Joeys one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Guest Battery Bill

Oh yes Wesley

Our preliminary plans are welding on some Box section on the chassis sides, if it looks like it needs more we could easily add some cros members :D

Matt

If we get it right I'm sure we could easily Knock up a few more sets :D

Guest wesley_uk2k

I did have a look at those but I'd prefer to run box across the width of the chassis, like your planning on doing. Its never ideal to weld brackets directly onto round tube IMO

Guest chris brown
If we get it right I'm sure we could easily Knock up a few more sets
Bill if you haven’t already thought of it (and I guess you have) try to get a bit more space for the coilovers between the top bones. As you know the RHE ones are tight for the 1.9" and even tighter for the 2.25"

Re the steering rcak, most of the conversions (mine came from JigTec) used a standard Sierra rack, but thats pretty "twirly" more than 4 turns lock to lock. I used a Sierra power rack "unpowered", with 2.5 turns. The steering is heavy at walking pace, but lightens up at anyting over that.

Ive just fitted Toyo 888s & the steering's got a lot heavier pushing it in & out of the garage. Wont know what its like on the road until after Christmas when the Redtop is being fitted.

HTH Bob

Guest Battery Bill

Guy

if thats the one Wesleys on about that was ages ago and Rizla was involved somewhere :lol: :lol:

Wesley

If you want to see some spindly looking front suspension mounting brackets take a look in the "Ron Champion Build your own sportscar for £2.50"

I would not dare drive around in a car with this type of brackets, but lots of people have done so and even on the track <_< <_< :D :D