Any Point Finishing My 2b :(

Guest daveg

Guest daveg

All

Just been listening to that nutter on TV :unsure:

He only wants to ban car manufactured before 1992 because of polution :( not sure if he has power outside London but its affecting my motivation. What happens if someone bans old car?

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

No chance!

I recon there would be a lot of police chases on if they tried a ban like that.

Imagine the feds would not know which one to chase next.

Considered a Kit Car is NOT manufactured, how would we even fall into this category. On that not My M reg Laguna (94) is running sweet as a nut still with less thatn 70k on the clock, so telling me that in 2years it will be dangereous is total BS!

Guest 2BBoulton

I belive its all to do with those dredded emisions. If you car was built, registard, construceted etc. prior to '92 then you will need to prove that you can comply with the latest emmisions.

There was a bit on the telly last night about LGP powered cars. CArs converted to LGP can run around free in the congestion zone provided that the emmisons are low enough.

However even if the emmisions are low enough unless the conversion was done by a govenment approved workshop then it doesn't count. And youve guesed it, the government have a vested interest in the caompany doing the conversions.

I think that the little man in charge of London is on a big power trip, he would like to see everyone on his public transport system. Did you also know that top MP's don't have to pay the congestion charge? :angry:

Still, until they bring out pay per mile I don't care. My '68 merc is tax free and only costs £200 a year to insure. B)

Guest Battery Bill

One thing that really p****s me off is when I am following a Metro which is pumping out clouds of smoke Knowing that I have to pay more road tax than him for my Mondeo.

System needs looking at, but until people like Fatty 2 Jags enter the real world they will not know what real motoring is about.

While I'm ranting on did anyone see the "Top Gear" programs where the Fat bloke did the insider dealings bit? He mentioned that most people who are looking for a second car are looking to spend 12 to 15 grand! OH yes, how many people out there have second cars that value?

Think I must be in the wrong job.

Guest Fred2b

12 to 15 grand on a second car!!

I don't know how people can spend that kind of money on a FIRST car. My 89 Golf is used daily to and from work totalling 75 miles ( 165000 miles on the clock). It looks crap but it's cheap to run and because its well maintained hopefully it will last the rest of this year when my 2B will be on the road.

Regard

Fred <_<

I use a 1991 golf, it just keeps on going! and will only be replaced when the kit is finished.

I don't think I've spent 12K in total on all the vehicals I've ever had! thats 10 cars and 35 motorbikes! (and 3 go-carts, 1 goped, several launmowers with skateboards bolted to them that I used to get to school wich envolved a letter being sent home to my pairents!, oh and the Trike)

Guest Mr Pid

Yeh i can vouch the the good old V-dubs

My better half has a 1991 Golf and to say it is brilliant is an understatement, it goes like a rocket, its in excellent Nick and the back seats are quite comfy!

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen! :rolleyes:

Stu B)

Guest Mr Pid

Does that mean you are planing to fit some back seats in you hood?

My other half has'nt let me down yet, but im sure one day i may have part ex her for a different model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stu

(PS. if she saw this-i would be a dead man)

Oh well - I'll print it off and pop it in the post to Fareham then ! ! ! !

MICK M XXX

Edited by mickmellors

• 1 month later...

:angry: It wouldn't happen. They drop the tax for classic cars to try to get the public to keep classic cars "on the road"!

Anyway too many voters drive cars and I bet alot of us wouldn't take to kindly to being told they what age car they must buy! Hence many lost votes.

Rust and Wear will do the job anyway Pre-92 cars will eventually be scrapped by their owners just like you don't see as many Pre-84 cars about anymore. And the few that are about won't make enough difference to pollution. It's called Planned Obsolescence. It will happen on it's own Mr. Livingston!

Just my 2p

It wouldn't happen

Black cabs are having trouble right NOW...he wants to reduce emissions which will force cabs off the road....if he suceeds then its cars next...

He failed with conjestion charging...he ain't getting enough money :D :lol:

He wants public transport only.

Dave