Engine Mounts

Guest Getting There

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your sump has a nice amount of ground clearance. If it wasn't for the other problems I wouldn;t move it.

Since you have problems with the engine and the exhaust being too high I think its safe to say you should drop the engine. On our 2B/4 we have about 10mm between the bar that runs under the sump and the fron part of the sump. In your 2B you have the snow plough instead of a straight bar. I beleive they are both at the same height. You have a lot more than 10mm of clearance!

How thick are your rubber engne mounts? I can't mesure mine at the minute but others might be able to mesure theirs and tell you where they came from.

Guest Alan_builder

:D Hi Chris

As Elwe said we have engine mounting arms off a pinto P100 or a 1.8CVH, can't tell now as they were exactly the same when we selected prior to our installation and engine change.

The rubber mountings were off the CVH, and the pinto EFi were the same.

We took the jigsaw to the whole through which the exhaust pipes go to make clearance.

Have U lowered the plenum?

Ground clearance is a problem, most owners fit a shortened sump or one from an RS2000, Lowering the engine may put the sump front end on the X strut, we have finger space between sump and X strut.

Your rubber mounts are a different patern to ours!

Have U been asked if it is a 205 block casting?

follow my link to the Hoods page to look @ our EFI installation

I :wub: my RH

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Chris,

The picture of the front of your sump doesn't look too different to mine, where it passes over the curved tube (snow-plough)

However the photo angles are slightly different and I've got the RS2000 alloy sump. Although I believe the alloy and steel sumps are about the same depth at the front.

Your sump looks as it has been shortened at the rear.

I'll try and make some measurements tomorrow.

I have the original mounts & arms off a '89 2.0l GL Sierra

My engine is carburettor and therefore I can offer no dimensions re' the injection system

post-6-1134935185.jpg

I've got the RS2000 alloy sump. Although I believe the alloy and steel sumps are about the same depth at the front.

Having changed from one to the other I can confirm they are the same height in the front section (within a few mm at least).

Guest TerryBarry

The mountings from my Sierra have the part number 85HF6038EA

Fitted in the chassis bearing the weight of the engine the height of the top of the mounting above the plate on the chassis is 76mm.

Mine are slightly different to Chris Brown's photo in that his appears to be sitting on a thick washer or spacer, mine fits flat to the chassis plate

Guest Jim Poole

Is this not something to do with the way you fit the side panels. With mine, I had to pull the side panel as hard as possible to the bottom side bar and pack it out at the top to get the right clearance.

Guest chris brown
I had to pull the side panel as hard as possible to the bottom side bar and pack it out at the top to get the right clearance.
Some do and some don’t (Oh don’t you just love Hoods) my side panels were a snug fit all the way back and needed no packing yet mine and Bills (sorry Joey's) cars are about the same age and his did.