Best Place To Track Down An Exmo Bonnet?

Guest T28_Yam

Guest T28_Yam

Hi,

I'm new to Kit car ownership having just recently purchased my Exmo. It has at some point in it's life had some battery acid leaked onto it from above I believe. It has left quite large nasty mark on thr passenger side centrally on the bonnet running down the side. My catches aren't all that either with 3 of the four popping of unless cable tied back.

I'm thinking kill two birds with one stone and get a new bonnet + sort out the bad catches. Any ideas on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A much cheaper way would be to paint or wrap the bonnet. If you fit some strengthening inside the bonnet it will help stop the catches popping off, my bonnet has two alloy bands following the shape of the bonnet which are bonded on with Sikaflex. I have also fitted stronger catches which are stopped from opening with R clips.If you want more details or photos just ask. Alan

I've also fitted high quality stainless catches with R clips. GBS told me they could roll a bonnet for the 3A but would need the car or a pattern as the cars are all slightly different. The can't put the louvres in though, their machine was broken

Guest T28_Yam

A much cheaper way would be to paint or wrap the bonnet. If you fit some strengthening inside the bonnet it will help stop the catches popping off, my bonnet has two alloy bands following the shape of the bonnet which are bonded on with Sikaflex. I have also fitted stronger catches which are stopped from opening with R clips.If you want more details or photos just ask. Alan

Thanks for all of the replies! I would appreciate some pictures Alan, that would be great and give me some idea.

I had thought about wrapping but I thought the bonnet might get abit hot for that?

Thanks

Henry