Communicating With Vosa

Joel

Does anyone have a tried and tested method of communicating with VOSA? The number I have just rings endlessly. Better still a direct number for Birmingham test centre?

I've still not had a confirmed IVA date, or any form of communication for that matter, depsite them taking my money almost a month ago! :aggressive:

hi you cant generaly comunicate with the vosa guys directly.

they stand away from the fray as it were , once into the system though they want to sort

out the probs ,

well thats my experiance anyway.

you need to be in the system .

the guys are human and are reasnoble , but again you need to be in the system.

the system is that once you have applied and have had a test they will talk .

failed !no probs talk .

graham

this what your looking for?

Birmingham (AREA 08)

VOSA - The Goods Vehicle Testing Station

Granby Avenue, Garretts Green Industrial Estate

Birmingham, B33 OSS

Tel: 0121 783 6665 - Fax: 0121 603 4400

Email:Area08mail@vosa.gov.uk

other vosa sites here

http://www.transportsfriend.org/enforcement/offices.html

Paul

Thanks for the replies,

The Birmingham 0121 number is the one I've been trying, and the VOSA 0300 123 9000 number. Both ring endlessly. I've never once managed to get an answer.

I'll try the area 8 email, failing that I guess it's a visit to Garrets Green! :rolleyes:

Joel,

I'm currently sat at swimming club where my daughters go, and am chatting to the IVA inspector from Nottingham.

Shown him this post and he said to ring him (Martin) at Watnall test station and he'd try and sort it for you internally. :help:

Can't say fairer than that buddy.

HTH,

Nick

:unknw: S-I-G-H ...you couldn't make it up! :unknw:

Right, firstly I tried to get in touch with Martin at Nottingham (thanks for the heads-up Shaft), but as usual there's no direct line to the VOSA stations, and the 2 numbers I managed to find on google put me through to a driving test centre and Sheffield HGV test centre respectively, neither of which could help. :rolleyes:

I thought I'd give the main VOSA centre one last try, and miracle of miracles I actually managed to get through to someone! :clapping:

I explained the situation and they said I should have heard from my local test centre (Birmingham) by now, and put me through to them to find out what was going on. After a bit of hunting on the system, Birmingham were able to tell me that my application was processed and payment taken on 30 DECEMBER, but they still hadn't received any paperwork from Swansea, my application was with the 'technical department' and I would have to call VOSA headquarters back to find out more! :help:

So, back on the phone with Swansea, and after hunting on systems, transfers to different departments, etc, it turns out they can't release my application until I return an Amateur Build Declaration, which they apparently emailed me on 4th January! Well, I've certainly not received any such email, to which end I was informed in no uncertain terms it was my fault for not filling in my email address properly! Even if I didn't fill it in properly (I double checked everything and I'm certain it was fine!), they also have my phone number and home address, and nearly £500 of my money sitting in their account, so why over a month later am I having to spend the afternoon chasing them to find out what's going on? :80:

I was also told that "if I'd bothered to read the guidance notes..." (I did!)..."I'd know that I should have sent the amautuer build declaration with the IVA application form".

Perhaps the rules have changed but I SVA'd 2 cars and on each occasion the Amatuer Build declaration wasn't required until it came to registration paperwork, AFTER SVA.

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's annoying.

So now I have to wait to receive the form from Swansea (by post - I insisted), and post it back to them before they'll release my application to Birmingham, who'll then issue me with a test date - probably sometime in May the rate we're going! :aggressive: