How Much Oil

Guest micky bigthumbs

i just fitted mine... i think i put about 4 litres in. I put enough in for it to get onto the dipstick, then topped it up to the max.

Guest micky bigthumbs

i think ive seen 3.7 ltrs on a thread but i'll stick 3.7 in and see where it is on the dipstick if its near the top of max i'll leave it

Mick

Guest chris brown

Are you just testing us Micky as Nigel says fill it to the full line on the dipstick if you have the side extension on then it will be very little different from before i.e.3.75 ltr inc filter.

Guest micky bigthumbs

Went to work in coventry ....I must have overdone the oil ..it sounded like the crank was slapping oil..and i think i made the oil pick up pipe to long ..oil starvation or not enough getting into the top rail ...i think ive bent a valve..... :wub:

Guest micky bigthumbs

I've not been to botherd with sumps and realy looking after the engine cos i have the beast ready to go in ..i need a engine G/box plate and some electrical connectors to connect an omex loom but finding them is b___y hard .and i dont think i can be off the road for more than a few days..getting the sump and head off ..i need to be on the road quick...i need my hood fix (hood junkie )

Guest Ian & Carole

Mick

I have delt direct wiyh omex and have always found them really freindly and helpfull. :rolleyes:

They might be able to supply your needs re wiring connectors, worth a try.

Ian J