Bits For Hood 2B Please

Guest jimmytwobikes

Guest jimmytwobikes

Hi I am looking for a pair of adjustable damper rear suspension units for my 2B, also looking for a wooden dash and analogue instruments to fit, I have decided that a metal dashboard and Sierra instruments are not good enough for my Canary. Looking for good second hand bits as the new bits are quite expensive.

Guest jimmytwobikes

I would rather have a dash thats already made as I am not an able craftsman. If i started drilling holes for instruments I would wreck it. and if possible i would want shockers that are 2B specific as I would get some one to fit them. cheers.

Guest Moog6

Hi,

Do you need a Steering wheel? As I have a D shape one for sale also wing mirrors, 2 Black seats, rear lights and indicators (All around 2 years old), indicators (New), (Bought the wrong type for me! ) New chrome finish Oblong Number plate Holder.

Best, Dave.

• 1 month later...
Guest Barry Knowles

Hi I am looking for a pair of adjustable damper rear suspension units for my 2B, also looking for a wooden dash and analogue instruments to fit, I have decided that a metal dashboard and Sierra instruments are not good enough for my Canary. Looking for good second hand bits as the new bits are quite expensive.

got front mudguards 3ltr capri clocks in a built in center dash

I think i am correct in saying that the coilovers you'll need for a 2b on the sierra subframe will be 16inch open/9inch closed. with between 300-400lb springs. Additionally if you don't have them already you'll need brackets that slot into the rollbar tube for the top of the coilovers and brackets that sit in the wishbone 'cup' where the sierra spring once sat. If you can weld they are easy enough to knock up otherwise i think gbs do them. I'd probably weld the bottom brackets into the cup once i was happy with positioning. Remember the swing arm is moving at an angle to the car so you really want the coilover eye (where the bolt goes through) in the same line as the movement so you aren't stressing anything as the suspension moves up and down.

something like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAZ-Coilover-Shock-16-Open-10-5-Closed-2-Diameter-12mm-Rod-Bonded-Bushes/123226088937?hash=item1cb0d8e5e9:g:skMAAOSwjUxbOkpH(you'll need springs as well though as they aren't included - also this is the first i found so i am not recommending these people as such just an example)

hth

• 2 weeks later...