How Much To Remove ?

Guest Space--ace

Guest Space--ace

Hello, I just working on my 2.0 Pinto. I meassured the volume on the headside and it gives 51,5 ccm. The perimeter is about 280 mm. The pressed head gasket is about 1,4 mm.

Now my question. I want to raise from 9.2:1 to 10:1 how much have i to remove on the head ??? I want to use a Kent FR 30 with a Valve lift for the inlet 12.24mm (.482") outlet 11,91mm (.469").

Is there someone who can give me detailed tips ?

Regards Gordon

German Hood owner

Guest chris brown

I don’t know the answer to your question but I do know the head can be skimmed back 60 thou with no problems and up to 80 thou providing plugs with recessed electrodes or standard ones are fitted with the electrode in the top 180 degrees otherwise it hits the piston. I believe 80 thou gives a CR of about 10.5 and is what a lot of the Brisca F2 drivers used. Mine has 40 thou off and I have never had any problem. The bigger improvement I found was the half weight flywheel which although not increasing the power it certainly helps with response.

Guest Space--ace

Thanks for the answers... The half weight flywheel is also in my garage... but don´t know if i can fit it without removing the gearbox.

Can you also tell me where to find some docu or simply tell me the size of the combustion chamber volume EFI and carb model 2,0 OHC

and are the heads of the 77KW and 85 KW same size ? Where are the differences ??

Edited by Space--Ace

Hi Gordon,

Is there any reason you want to use the FR30? It is a very mild cam.

The FR32 provides a good increase in horsepower, but still has plenty of torque, especially in a light 7 type car, and will work better with your raised compression.

Bob

KENT CAMS Website

Bob

Guest Space--ace

I was really unsure on which Cam i should order. In the brochure from Kent both Cams are listed with 16 bhp and so i decided to take the FR 30 cause of the rpm band.