Sliding Pillar: How Does It Goes Together

Guest chriszxr750

Hi I am having similar problems to yourself with the sliding pillar - I am also a "second hand" buyer but I don't have any videos at all!

I have nearly got mine back together after having to replace a cycle wing bracket but can not work out how to get all of the components back in the space!

Just wondered if you had any ideas!

I have (from the bottom)

M8 (fine pitch) Nylock nut

Washer

The bottom bracket of the 2b

metal "cup" held in by 3 bolts

Rubber donut

main wheel bearing assembly

cycle wing bracket

spring

shocker mounting bracket

what looks like a cuped bearing

short conical tube

top bracket (slotted) of the 2b

oval plate

top nut

having a nightmare trying to put it all back as their is no space to get the cuped bearing and short conical tube under the top bracket.

Does anyone have any clues?

(plus does anyone have a source for the m8 fine pitch (1mm) nylock??)

Good idea about the drill and tap - however how do i get all of the bits to fit into the space?

(going to take a look at this convert to wishbones me thinks! BUT I want to get back on the road in our summer before it ends!)

Guest DudBaucutt

Good idea about the drill and tap - however how do i get all of the bits to fit into the space?

(going to take a look at this convert to wishbones me thinks! BUT I want to get back on the road in our summer before it ends!)

In the build videos Richard uses a block of wood between the top and bottom brackets to force them apart , I used a small bottle jack and just spread the brackets slightly.

Guest salty_monk

Get too it then... It doesn't seem so difficult, reckon you could do the whole thing in a weekend. Plenty around to copy these days.

Dan :)

Get too it then... It doesn't seem so difficult, reckon you could do the whole thing in a weekend. Plenty around to copy these days.

Dan :)

May be able to do it if you know what you are doing - remeber that I bought it assembled so have to try and learn everything by how it comes apart!

Does anyone know of some good instructions anywhere?

I assume you are compressing the spring when you fit it together ??

Welcome to come and see mine if you like. Been ok for 3 years now. ( how's that for tempting fate !!)

May be able to do it if you know what you are doing - remeber that I bought it assembled so have to try and learn everything by how it comes apart!

Does anyone know of some good instructions anywhere?

as said earlier in the thread, i have dvd copies of the video, that explains the build up :rolleyes: