Exmo Front Anti-roll Bar Replacement

Guest Allan U

Guest Allan U

I have been running my Exmo now for a few years with the standard front suspension utilising the donor Sierra anti-roll bar and would now like to replace this with tie-bars. I know there have been numerous articles on this subject in the Club Magazine, but can anyone help me source these items at a reasonable price, as my garage is not geared up with the engineering equipment to produce such items, and my wallet is not currently equipped with the £200 being asked by other non-hoodies.

Thanks,

Allan.

Guest Bazwaz

I got mine from Dave Andrews Some time ago. I don't know if he still supplies them but it might be worth sending him an e-mail. I think they cost about £40 or so.

Barry.

No he didn't! There were straight tie bars already fitted, but the wheel caught them on lock, so I moved the mountings forward, made new tie bars with an offset in, (similar to the anti-roll bar) and relocated them. Obviousle it left me with a pair of bolt holes in the side of the car, so I incorporated them strengthening plate also.

post-10-1058348793.jpg

Guest Allan U

Thanks for the responces, I have dropped Dave Andrews and email, and wait in hope.

On a slight change of direction, does anyone know where I can get hold of some rear camber shims for my Exmo, as I don't fancy the two washer ploy in the upper bolt holes.

Thanks again,

Allan.

• 1 month later...

Ade, as Matt says, go to the tie-bars. But there are a couple of things to remember when you do.

Make sure that you plate behind where you are fitting the tie bars, don't just bolt them to the side of the car, or you will wreck the car in no time.

(check out mine at Donington)

Where you've removed the anti-roll bar from across under the engine bay, replace it with a piece of 1" angle, to put the strength back.

post-10-1063279992.jpg