Mini Wipers

Guest turbo

hi its time to fit the wipers on the screen i intend to buy new mini components can anyone tell me all the bits i will need to buy and a good (cheep)place to buy the said components. :D

cheers turbo.

also

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/

But i agree with above, very expensive new, go to the scrap yard or search ebay

Mitch

umm, just had a look at Premier wiring under extra products,

theres a fixed wiper system, could be a lot easier to mount, but you would have to check dimensions to be sure.

http://www.premierwiring.co.uk/

at £50, more than half the price of the others,but call and check before buying.

Edited by Mitch

Guest Ian & Carole

Jamie

Just been on e bay, don't know how to post link but there is a full twin speed mini system on there at moment at buy it now for £ 20 .00

Says it all works including the "self park"

Ian J

Guest Mike Perry

We are also at the point of fitting a Mini wiper system.

We got a working system off a Mini including the plug and some harness from our local scrappy for £10 which I thought was reasonable, but as an afterthought I also bought a new motor unit via ebay.

Now, when I opened the covers I discover that the drive gear on the scrappy motor is marked 110 (110 degree sweep if I understand these boards correctly) and the new motor was marked at 140 (therefore 140 degrees).

What is the opinion of you guys as to which gives the more appropriate sweep on a 2B; bearing in mind that we are not looking to have a "clapping" system.

I stand back and await to be inundated!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steve @ sVc

The marking on the wiper drive gear does not necessarily give you the sweep in degrees as there are 3 wheelbox variants, each with different gearing that also control the sweep. The motor is probably marked 14W - as this is the range of Lucas motors fitted to most recent cars.

You will need a 32 tooth wheel boxes with a 2 1/2" drive shaft.

The wheelboxes protrudes at an angle so there should be an angled inner spacer to the wheelbox drive shaft, an outer gasket, spacer and nut. Look carefully at the thread on the wheelbox drive shaft as it quickly corrodes (when fitting grease well).

The inner drive can be cut but PLEASE do not use a hacksaw as the strands will open up - grind it to the correct length allowing the furthermost sweep to extend correctly from the last wheel box.

The drive tube must be steel - some suppliers use copper. Lucas has issued service notes about this as it will radically reduce the life of your wiper system.

For more info, see Kit Car Mag or visit the wiper section on our web pages www.s-v-c.co.uk.

To reduce cost, many of our customers get the expensive bits from a scrap yard and if necessary correct gears, new park switches, brush sets or other bits from us @ sVc.

If I can help with any wiper parts (except arms and blades), or in any other wiper related way, please call me.

Good luck

Steve @ sVc