Wing Conversion

A17YOB

Well i won some cycle wings from ebay which turned out to be from a company called Robin Hood haha £40 not too bad

the brackets cost more than that.

anyways i'll post up some progress shots after the weekend when i start cutting bits about :ph34r:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest MrSandman

I spaced mine at 1 inch from the tyre. This allows sensible clearance but still keeps the arch close to the wheel.

I think it looks about right. Possibly too close.

I just need to sort the paintjob now!!

JD520317.jpg

your spacing looks perfect mr sandman!

hopefully it will turn out ok if the bits ever get here been waiting nearly a week for them from RH :ph34r:

at least i can start stripping the old ones off

i'll get pics of the conversion and post them for other people to get an idea how to do it.

well heres some pics of what i've done so far

exhaust side was a bit tricky to get off as the pedals were in the way of the bolts holding the old wings on.

anyway i fitted some rivets to the holes for time being, does anyone know whats best to polish the stainless up and if theres any chance of removing the light guidelines the builder scored into the sides? was going to use an orbital polisher with some heavy polish?

19022006003.jpg

19022006002.jpg

19022006001.jpg

19022006.jpg

Guest MrSandman
hopefully it will turn out ok if the bits ever get here been waiting nearly a week for them from RH :ph34r:

I had mine collected as it was quicker.

Just be aware that the brackets should be handed. It took me ages to work out why I couldn't get the first one to fit. Turned out I had two nearside brackets and I started on the off side.

I am not sure how long they will last as the do bounce a bit so I expect fatigue will break them at some stage. Hopefully not during the trip to/from LeMans.

You will also need some 8m id tube to make spacers to get the correct spacing for your wheel offset.

Mine were for Cortina uprights so if you are using Sierra this may all be irelevant.

well as usual kit car catches me out haha

i dont think these uprights are actually sierra after all...in fact i have no idea now as only know what the last owner told me.

so can anyone tell me if these brackets below fit the front end i have as i have no idea how they can possibly work.

21022006002.jpg

21022006003.jpg

Best regards

Mr.Frustrated

What they've sent you are stays for the wishbone 2b or superspec. The ones for your are nothing like that. mudguard stays have never been one of RHSC's strong points (and I mean that in all senses!) I made a few sets before I got some that "would do"I'm afriad that you'd be better off making your own.

The front one is flattened and bolts to the "pinch bolt" that clamps the dummy strut. and the bottom one goes onto the bottom ball joint mounting.

post-10-1140551919.jpg

nice one Jim

dont spose you fancy making some more :lol:

i spose i have to send these back :gdit:

so yours are flattened tube with a bend in them and a few holes drilled for mounting?

not sure whether i can make them as metalwork was never a strong point :blink:

thanks for the pics mate B)

i also noticed your rollbar stops at the side of the body where mine has a full sierra rollbar mosified :unsure: was it just optional or slight modified kits?

They look like the stays supplied with my lightwieght and are supposed to fit between the stub axle adapter and the stub axle. they also supplied some bent tubing to slip over that has to be cut to length.

Not got that far yet, will wat and see. :p