Help, Will I Fit In Car

Guest richb

Guest richb

I am 6ft 1, and REALLY want a robin hood. I have seen a few and think they look stunning. And just want to get one and get it ready for the track. But will I fit in. Is there anyone out there that has had trouble. THANKYOU :D

At fractionally under 6'6" I drive a 2B to work most days ;-)

Ok, so I did modify the seat belt mounts and make my own "extra leg rom" seats, and raise the steering wheel a bit ... but it's all do-able.

Ant

I think you mean 'more robust' ie heavier, Andy.

The Robin Hoods will never be as light as a Dax, West.... or Cater....... as our's are made from shinny metal & a few pieces of fibreglass, whereas those are made from using much lighter materials, ie. ally & much more fibreglass.

If you want a serious track car, then a bike engined plastic one is the thing.

When I was at the Newark show there was a bonet for sale for a Caterham, when I picked it up I thought they were having a laugh, It reminded me of picking up one of thoes empty plastic display batteries they use to advertise lead acid ones outside car shops.

The Robin Hoods are more suited to everyday road use than the other 7's, there tough as old boots, over engineered and the're much more fun for thoes who want to play at tweeking and not pay loads. The're still way lighter than the average hot hatch (750Kg). The're also bigger inside and there's lots of width and leg room.

There's a bloke I work with who owns a Cateram, he bought it fully built from the factory and it cost him £16K :o

Guest Andy Rathbone

easy, nothing wrong with an standard 1600cc pinto, well i hope not (thats whats in mine, untill after sva. then its twin 40s) but 1600cc and 16k thats a lot of wonga for the brand name and not-a-lota horses, but thats what flicks your switch ... well enjoy. as for fitting in hoods you should have no probs my dads 6' 3'' and not exactly skinny and he fits with ease in the 2b. as for competativeness well you can but try, just remeber a 3.5 rover V8 weighs a little bit less than a 2.0 pinto. have fun and enjoy it :D

That's the point that I was making, 16K for a bog standard 1600cc Pinto.

Just looking on 'another' site, and someone paid £65 to a garage to fit his new silencer that he'd bought, another waited (off the road!) 3 weeks for the garage to do the same on his car! It just goes to show, some people have more money than sense!!!

Glad I'm a HOODIE!! :D :D ;)

A friend of a friend of a friend owns a Westie SE 1800 Zetec, and runs it in the one make race series. I had the pleasure of 'helping out', in the loosest possible terms, at Snetterton a week or two ago.

There's no question it would anihilate my 2B on a track, but I don't think it would last long in the real world - just over that weekend there were a couple of incidents where fibre glass body parts were breaking just from being gently leant on or sat on. :o

Guest richb

Thanks everyone, I have just taken a little exmo for a run, really nice. First time I have driven a hood style car. I am meant to be taking a series 3 for a spin on saturday.

But I think I might get an Exmo and spend the extra money on creating a very unique and quick car.

Any ideas from experienced builders and exmo owners, I read about a guy from eastbourne that added NOS. Crazy fool, they seem quick enough as it is.

Other wise if anyone has/have seen any bargains out there please let me know.

And also, are there any meets around the milton keynes area.

Superb