Sump Removal Problems!

Guest robbie

Don't give up I travel around a bit and I can honestly say all the hoodies I have spoken to have gone through similar problems. I admit I have come close to throwing in the towel during 20 Mths I have been building. I find the best solution is to mix with other hoodies and you will always find one with more problems than you. Jim is right go to a club meeting someone will be there to help, if you still need the steel let me know I also know a welder who I am pretty certain will weld your sump for £20 or so.

Keep your pecker up

Dave B

Echo what Jim says. My build took 18 months including shutting the garage door on it from september to january. Just couldn't face it and all the little problems with each job I tried to do. Nothing seemed to go without some sort of hitch and I was just totaly sick of it. Come January and enthusiasm returned along with a better frame of mind and somehow the problems didn't discourage me anymore and were easier to solve. I took it steadier and the whole feeling of the build had changed. Many bits took longer than I thought they would but somehow that had become OK. Oddly, working slower, putting in more thinking time and avoiding deadlines de-stressed the whole thing and it probably went faster as a result.

Shut the door on it for as long as it takes for you to feel better, even if its six months. Then make a fresh start or sell it, whichever feels right.

Nigel

Guest robbie

Chin up mate! We all have been there, I have threatened to sell the lot several times. It's good advise to just leave it for a few weeks and to take each job one at a time rather than try to face the whole project. I have also had to take the car from rolling chassis that was driving to its present state with the engine removed and practically dismantled!!! On top of this I discovered even more problems with the water system and have to resite the pedal box!

One thing at a time eh?

I agree about the support from RH including the "instructional" video! I think its about time that RH notified every buyer about this site where real time problems and solutions are discussed and resolved. Well done lads!!

Regards

Robbie

PS Now you know the Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I put on the title of this disscusion was for real!!

Guest Battery Bill

Hey Graeme

We agree with everything thats been said on this post.

We were daft enough to fit the engine and then do the sump later, The video's well yes what a joke you have to just look at them as comedy value. Joey and I have not even watched them fully yet and don't think we will.

It is about time Richard got a new method of build instructions, mind you imagine how you would feel if you had paid £8000 for the latest Hood and then started watching these comical Video's (Sorry to all you who have put down your deposits).

My mate is a welder and he ended up doing our sump With 2.5mm sheet after I buggered up the first one, I gave him £30 (Even though he did not want anything)

The folk that Big Jim mentioned wanted nearly £80 for a replacement item (Mind you that included postage) so thats why we decided to do it ourself.

As for the lack of self tappers that is the only useful bits we have out of his bolts pack up, I bought a nice little parts chest to keep the sorted bits out and have not even opened it yet.

At least you have now found this site so hopefully that will help you back, Perhaps Richard should just point all new builders to RHOCar and not issue any more Vids.

Have a look at Ours and others websites and you will see you are not alone.

Good luck

Bill and Joey

www.billbrown.org.uk