If I Don't Want A Lsi Car

Guest paul thompson

Guest paul thompson

Well since selling the hood, (hope she's behaving herself Stu) the Mini has been progressing well, and I have to say it is amazing what a rub down with 1500 grit wet and dry and polish will do. The car even benefits from it too! So that will soon be gone too. I have permission to get a new kit. I don't want to start it any time soon but don't fancy another Lotus clone. Sooooo.... what else is out there that can be built on a reasonable budget, is 2 a 2 seater, has a removable roof of some kind, runs on an engine better than a pinto and will fit in my Garage? Any suggestions? Don't really like the Quantum, pop up headlights not my thing. Don't fancy a JBA, too old man for me. NG also not over keen. Ideas?

Guest paul thompson

good sugestion Neil,

I was really after something a bit more every day. Although they do look like a shed load of fun with a capital EFF.

I can recommend the Fisher Fury.I did not build mine,but she is good to drive and is a very sorted chassis

regards chris

oohhh... i'm slobbering. That's the body type i like best as well!

Not to everyones tatse but the Onyx Firefox is a super performer on track - I am pretty sure Onyx do a removeable windsreen & roof for it as well.

I can just about keep up with the Bike Engined Sevens at Barkstone and it cost less than £5k to build - How much does a Dax Megabusa cost ?

Guest paul thompson

Hmm, The fisher looks good. I do like the look of the Phantom but I have been to where they build them as they were after a steering rack (which we could not supply as the ball joint centres are further apart than a truck) and I have to say I'm not over impressed with the company or the product at the price!

Stuar Taylor was another I had though about. I want something sporty but not necessarily an out and out sports car, don't want a cobra they are so Passe. Plus costly to do properly and I would not insult the brand by not putting in a chevy V8.

If I could get a Mazda MX5 in kit form now that would be nice. I also like a car I can't remember the name of that comes as a coupe and a cabrio with mid engined K series. but they are not exactly cheap either. Keep the suggestions coming, maybe there is something I did not think of and should have. I might even have to go and buy a Kit car mag or something.

Guest timswait

I think the car you can't rmember the name of is the GTM Libra, it's available as a coupe or a spyder, I think the hard top looks better. They do seem pretty good cars, and now they do the V6, very quick too.

If you want an MX 5 in kit form, what about a Ginetta, they even use the same headlamps!