Typical American Junk

Big Jim

video here

I was watching it expecting it to do something really good, but it just shows that American vehicles aren't a patch on Landrovers when it comes down to doing the hard stuff! Chrome and shiney bits don't get the job done! ;)

(I personally didn't think that was too hard, I've done worse in my old Disco!)

Guest salty_monk

That's cause it's a shopping trolley humvee (Hummer H2).

Basically a cheap GM pickup chassis & running gear with a fancy bodykit.

The Jeep Rubicon is allegedly the best US off roader...

Don't think there's much that can beat the defender, I did a 4x4 course last year & that was certainly their opinion...

What were you up to Jim?

looking for some new roads for Bill on the Wales run!

great day out on saturday but definitely got to get the shockers sorted out before we go to LeMans - bottomed out about 15-20 times, biggest one on M6 on the way home with impressive sparks according to Mitch

Steve

Very impressive, the M6 just south of the M55 Junction theres a big dip in the road, showered me in sparks, and i knew it was coming, god knows what the tintops thought.

As for the Hummer, Steve had bigger knocks on Sat, and he didn't break owt, (may have chipped a tooth though)

Mitch

What were you up to Jim?

looking for some new roads for Bill on the Wales run!

Oh they are all sorted! we've got SIR Chris with us this time, another 2B to test! :lol: ;) We'll also see if Billy-boy has sorted theirs. :rolleyes:

Guest paul thompson

if you want a good off roader, check out http://www.pinzgauer.uk.com/

These things really are incredible, They drove me around the military test track at quite a lick, it climbs things that look like only a tank would get over in it's stride. They had a HumVee as a comparison and it couldn't do half the stuff this thing can.

Guest ScotMac
video here

I was watching it expecting it to do something really good, but it just shows that American vehicles aren't a patch on Landrovers when it comes down to doing the hard stuff! Chrome and shiney bits don't get the job done! ;)

(I personally didn't think that was too hard, I've done worse in my old Disco!)

The original humvee is a pretty good vehicle...other than the fact that it used to eat CV joints when it first came out. By living in one for weeks at a time, you get a pretty good idea what it can do. Those rocks would be no problem for it.

Landrover discovery???? :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one.

Guest salty_monk

That's not a Humvee though (as in the military vehicle) it's a Hummer, different kettle of fish altogether....

The Discovery is ok but the defender is better. I think the only 4x4 in the US that will perform better than a Discovery is the Rubicon & the defender will prob walk all over that.

Certainly the 4x4 centre I went to were unimpressed with the Wrangler & Cherokee.... :)

Guest ScotMac
That's not a Humvee though (as in the military vehicle) it's a Hummer, different kettle of fish altogether....

The Discovery is ok but the defender is better. I think the only 4x4 in the US that will perform better than a Discovery is the Rubicon & the defender will prob walk all over that.

Certainly the 4x4 centre I went to were unimpressed with the Wrangler & Cherokee.... :)

The "hummer" is simply the name they gave humvee's (or more correctly HMMWV) when they went commercial. The first "hummer" was the original military humvee/HMMWV.