Fuel/brake Pipes

Guest ross

Guest Battery Bill

Ross

There is nothing in the SVA bible about the fuel pipes, Electrics yes 300mm, but fuel No.

Probably the same would suffice

bill and Joey

Guest bugsy

What is the overall opinion on the best type of clips to use for the electrics, ie loom and bits, do the self adhesive clips work ok or do they drop off when they get warm?

Cheers

Bugsy

Hi Bugsy

Plastic P clips are best, they are available from the shows, or mine came from a electrical shop in Blackburn.You cant use stick on ones, they will fail the test.

Will we see you at Blackpool tommorow, should be at least 6 hoods.

Princess Parade on front near Talbot Rd

Come and say hello to the Nw lot

Mitch

Guest paul thompson

So Did I but I put them not on the side of the bonnet but in the "groove" of the return on the edge. You can get metal edge clips that will clip onto the free edge of the bonnet and run the wires in these.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cantbearsed

You can get stainless fuel pipe P clips with rubber sleeving already fitted. They accept standard 6-8mm fuel pipe and can be fixed using rivets, screws or nuts and bolts. Fuel lines are secured every 6 inches on straight runs, theory being bends to or from one plane to another add strength to the overall structure of pipe and are,as such,self supporting. I did LPG conversions for a while and followed the rule book VERY closely ! :blink: