Ouch

Guest Battery Bill

Guest craig030774

does your mate still want to build one then :D

glad you are both okay and the car can be repaired easily enough its only nuts and bolts :lol: .

if you cannot remember how to do the bonnet you can always look on your website :wub:

p.s is joey talking to you yet as it is HIS car you wrecked

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Thanks for the words folks :D :D

Not too sure what route we will take now, We were happy with the previous setup and it worked perfectly "Until WE forgot to close it properly" :wub: :wub:

Totally our fault not the cars. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jamie

Yes we will be ready for Stoneleigh :D :D

Craig

p.s is joey talking to you yet as it is HIS car you wrecked

Well as he is just as much to blame as me, he is OK about it (now)

:D :D

Guest paul mercer

As an idea, does anyone know of a company that offers something like an inertia seatbelt, but smaller. That way there would be no restrictions when opening the bonnet, but if it were suddenly whipped open by the wind, it would get stopped straight away.

Personally i've got a 2 stage catch off of the donor. Not too hard to fit, but worth it as Bill and Joey would agree.

Hope you both get it sorted soon.

Paul

Guest Battery Bill

Paul

Personally i've got a 2 stage catch off of the donor. Not too hard to fit, but worth it as Bill and Joey would agree

Just make sure you remember to do it up :wub: :wub: Unlike us :wub: :D :D

Guest Battery Bill
you could use a peice of racket tie downs, you can get small ones, coupe of quid ?

I say again!

Our Donor catch and Rubber side catches work well and we never had any issues with them "Until" we forgot to do them up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We won't do that again :D :D

Guest salty_monk
Bill, why not put a warning light on the dash with a reused door light switch so that when the bonnet is up it turns the light on?

Doubt it was up... don't see Bill being daft enough ;) to drive off with the bonnet up in the air...

It would have looked closed so for the purpose of the switch would have been closed unless the springs in the switches were strong enough to hold it up until the catches pull it down tight....

:)

Guest tom2b

Im sure Bill doesnt need a warning light, the red lump he will see on his forehead will serve as the perfeect reminder when he admires himself or applies mascara, looking in the rear view mirror :D :D

Guest salty_monk

He's not the only one who can use Photoshop... :p I was going to show you how horrible but can't find a decent headshot photo of the bugger! :lol: :lol:

He needs to let Joey have the camera now & again!!

:D