Polybushes

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

has anybody fitted polybushes to their car?

is it a case of pick and choose sierra items or can you get size specific ones for the suspension etc?

I have polybushed the rear semi trailing arms, two bushes each side and would recommend them for tightening up the rear. Been quite happy with them.

However Big Jim did the same some time before me and found they deteriorated fast.

As for the front stick with nylaspar and grease regularily. In good condition they should give better location than a hard polybush

Nigel.

I have polybushed the rear semi trailing arms, two bushes each side and would recommend them for tightening up the rear. Been quite happy with them.

However Big Jim did the same some time before me and found they deteriorated fast.

No, I put them in the front suspenders, and as you say, they do seam to tighten it all up (at first!) but whithin less than 12 months they failed MOT, they were totally shot! so I replaced with a complete aftermarket radius arm that came with all bushes fitted for about £12 a side, that must be over 4 years ago now, and they're still good.

I personally wouldn't touch polly bushes again. great if you're going to use them for half a season then replace again, like you would if you were racing or such, but like all true Hoodies, I want my money's worth! ;)

Guest trevor hooley

put them in front of exmo, middle of last year, been to france, scotland and many trips out done about 5000 miles on them and it has totally transformed the car, it actually stays where you put it on the road, but didnt work out cheap at £70, but put proper powerflex in from a company called rsm in morecambe...

karl

Guest Ken Brough

James i have a set in the rear trailing arms from De Flex in wales. £18 inc p&p. The back end stays planted. They are the blue ones if that makes any difference. easy to fit as they come in halves so you fit one from each side. I will e mail you some pics as they are 2 meg.