Wing Mirror Fitting

Guest mkeats02

Guest mkeats02

Hello

Coming up to the point where I can fit my wing mirrors, does anyone have any tips on fitting and positioning of them. They are the standard RH issue ones.

Cheers

Mike

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I was worried about this bu when you line them up on the scuttle you will see that you dont have many choices ! - I think you need to keep them out as far as possible on the scuttle.

Steve

fit them in your dustbin cos you'll only want to swap them for some others later, so get the ones that you can live with for the life of your car now and save drilling extra holes .

motorcycle breakers are a great source of good looking and functional mirrors - i've got suzuki gsxr ones myself.

Steve

Guest salty_monk

Yes bin them... or better still put them on Ebay as SVA compliant & get about 30 notes for them :D

The Tiger ones are ok (40 quid) but I would go for motorbike ones too.

Dan :)

I got some nice shiney silver stalk mirrors from Car Builder Solutions, but the stalks have gone rusty in 3 months.... so i wouldn't choose these!

Helpful in a way....i guess! :D

Jon

Guest micky bigthumbs

i got some harley davison mirrors £15 they are great you dont need an interior mirror they give all roud vision at the back..wish i had them when the biker hit

Guest Alan_builder

Hi

The advice to bin them is good.

I think you will have problems @ SVA.

They need to be placed high so you can see the road over the rear wheel arches and close behind the car, look at the SVA manual for distances. Fitting the mirror so the glass is at a level equal to being half way up the side of the screen height is a must.

I :wub: mr RH

Guest turbo

i used bike ones gsxr

they are mounted on the windscreen pillar as the pillar required bolting anyway

height wise they are near the top of the triangle section (about 2"below the bonnet line.

you have to watch that you get visability at the passenger side once the screen is fitted and also the side screens.

this position here is good.

as a rule the nearer the mirror is to your head the more you will see twitching your head a little. ;)

turbo.

I don't know why everyone slags of the RH mirrors. I think they look fine on the car and they certainly go well with black windscreen supports. As always, its a matter of personal taste. I get an excellent field of view with mine and passed SVA with them as they are. Your choice

If you fit them, place them on the apex of the boonet curve and as far back to the screen as possible. Line up the bases to follow the line of the bonnet curve down to the nose cone.

Guest docter fox

out of both I admit I'd probably pick the gsxr mirrors, but I have to say I agree with enforcer in a way, as by looking at the pics I don't think I'd bother changing from one to the other if already fitted :ph34r: