How To Disconect Msn

Snapperpaul

I need to stop MSN on one of the home computer users account, a sort of electronic grounding for bad behaviour, i know how to delete or freeze his account but would rather have the computer available for schoolwork etc.

Tried that once but seems to be embeded and the other 3 kids, yes i have four, 3 teenagers and 1 a year and a half away are still allowed, although another is getting close.

At this time i have just frozen the account, when he tries to log on it says "have you forgotten your password" and when he clicks on the password hint it says "GROUNDED". Next level is to wheel clamp his skateboard :lol: :lol:

Guest Stuart Ainslie

I've blocked the MSN Messenger URL in my firewall.

Beware though, my daughter has found that there are web-based clones of MSN that can be accessed via websites.

Found their URL's too and blocked them as well :p :p

Guest ScotMac

Firewalls/routers/switches are very powerful. You can setup a filter that will block all MSN messenger access, or block it for certain times of the day. You can also set it up to block it from a particular computer.

However, i haven't seen one that allows you to block for certain userid...they are not userid aware.

Another interesting option is to simply use the O/S's file system security. ie, you could easily set it up so that some key MSN messenger file is not accessible by the user that you want to block. eg, the MSN main exe, or one the key dll's. Just find such a file in windows file explorer, right click on it, and select "properties". Then click on the "security" tab. You can then add an entry for the userid in question, and "deny" all access

Paul, be realistic here. You are up against four mini urban guerillas. They will stick together secretly. They all have brains that work twice as fast as yours. They all know each others passwords and logons.They all have friends who are even cleverer with computers than they are and with MSN access. They probably have a friend who has a nerd brother who can empty your bank account, cancel your credit cards, declare your marriage null and void and reassign ownership of the house to the dog. And you are proposing a computer duel with these people!

Couldn't you just shout a bit, or say you are hurt by his behaviour and sadly dissapointed and they have made their mother cry when all she wants is to be proud of them. Emotional blackmail is so effective.

Nigel

ps in fact why not hand the problem over to the wife and hide in the garage?

Guest Bob Rowell

always worked for me - I believe that women were put on this earth to deal with things that we don't fully understand - like children. We men are only equipped to relate to children who are old enough to buy a round.

Guest shane1664

bobs right! and i only say this becasue ive just got back from the pub with my dad! we have spent all day trying to work out why our engine (2.0i) wont tickover :D

Shane

we have spent all day trying to work out why our engine (2.0i) wont tickover :D

Shane

sticky idle speed control valve? remove and soak + wash out with parafinn or such like ;)

Paul, be realistic here. You are up against four mini urban guerillas. They will stick together secretly.

At this time (luckily) they are only to happy to grass each other up, they seem to enjoy the punishments that the others receive.

whats wrong with a thick ear? never did me any harm

I was sooo close, however mental torture is the only thing left.

I did lock him out of his account, much to the delight of the other "urban guerillas" and remarkably the response was within a day, " sorry i was an Ar5e" 24hrs later access was returned.

They probably have a friend who has a nerd brother who can empty your bank account, cancel your credit cards, declare your marriage null and void and reassign ownership of the house to the dog. And you are proposing a computer duel with these people!

My bank account and Janes is emptied as a matter of course at weekends, i would have bought a Ferrari if i didn't have kids, and why is it i hand over cash that easily and smile when they leg it out the door, your right it's Rourks drift all over again B)