Warning !

Guest neil harvey

Guest neil harvey

Guy,

Thought I would pass this on. Knew I had seen it somewhere 'thanks Matt' !!!!

The car is For Sale in Autotrader. As yet I have not recieved the cheque but I have advised the potential BUYER that the car will no be released until the cheque is cleared.

Note the Emails do not always originate from Africa. See the following emails for details. I have also had Emails from a so called second party who is acting as agent for the guy in the original email.

Suggest all read it and pass it on. I have since talked to a guy who had a similar experience with a Land Rover.

regards

Neil

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

thanks so much for the reply I am very much interested in the car as iam ok with the conditions of the car . My wife has approved the car and we would like to acquire it asap as it is just the exact match we have always wanted,Unfortunately we are presently in belgium but we will still arrange for the shipping and freight details.As regards the mode of payment i have decided to pay via a bankers draft through an investment company in the uk and a draft drawn out of a uk bank ,The reason being that it takes three days for a draft drawn out of a uk bank to clear than an international cheque from belgium ,secondly to releive you of the stress of having to wait for weeks or months and i would want the transaction to be wraped up fast so i can have delivery of it as soon as possible in other not to loose the car.My investment company are to issue a draft of 10000pounds which if it is agreeable by you I shall have them write the cheque in your name then when you get the draft you would deduct your funds of 4250pounds and then the balance funds would be transfered to the freight agent via western union money transfer for the procurement of neccesary documents prior to the pickup of the car at your location,if you are ok with the arrangement i would advise you get back to me with the details of your full name,address and mobile phone number as it should appear on the draft so payment can be made asap,please i hope i can trust you with my balance and as soon as the draft clears into your account i would want you to withdraw the balance and then transfer it via moneygram money transfer immediately so shippment can take please as soon as possible,I anxiously await your reply.

best regards

N;B-you could reach me on 447031948546

Neil Harvey <n.harvey@v21net.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Yes the car is still for sale.

Attached are some pics.

The car is a Robin Hood S7 - Ford Cortina based with a Stainless steel Monocoque chassis. Front Suspension is straight from Cortina with all new bushes and ball joints (within last 12 months). Rear suspension is standard live axle with ajustable GAZ dampers. Engine is 2000 cc with twin choke Webber, Exhaust is Custom made Stainless steel 4-2-1 with large silencer (makes a wonderful noise). Wheels are 14" 7 spoke Alloys with Yoko rubber all plenty of tread left. Dasboard has a Full instrument line up, Speedo, Rev Counter, Oil press, Oil Temp, Fuel, Water Temp & Clock, all colour coded Yellow faced dials, Switches for Electrics are rocker type. The is a Heater (Mini single Speed) which provides Demist and footwell heat. Stereo system with speaker behind seats. Distributer points have been replaced with Aldon Electronic system.

Seat are Cobra 7 and quite comfortable (have driven Plymouth to Le Mans, etc) Seat belts are 4 point and the Small boot(trunk) is lockable. There is a full set of weather gear including Hood and Side Screens plus a Tonneau. The Front headlights have recently been replaced for 5.75" Chrome on Brass whilst the Rear lights have been upgraded to LED's. For longer trips there is a Rack which can be attached and can carry reasonable sized baggage.

For the right price included in the deal will be Spare Cylinder Head (stripped ready for upgrading), Pair of twin 40 Dellorto Carb's plus inlet manifold.

The car is Taxed untill July 06 and MOT'd untill Jan 07. Just had full service.

All in all the car has had many enhancements from the basic kit. I am a trained Mechanical Engineer .

If you require any more details give me a ring :-

01752 325598 Day

01752 311508 Eves

regards

Neil

----- Original Message -----

To: n.harvey@v21net.co.uk

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:02 PM

Subject: needed urgently

Helloo

how are you today fine i presume i was fortunate to come accross

the advert of the sale of your car on the net,i would like to know if

it is still available for sale and i would like to signify my

interest in the car as it is the exact match i had always wanted

secondly i would like the transaction to be as fast as possible as i

am purchasing the car for my son's birthday which would come

up soon ,so i would not want any delay as i still have to ship the

car down as iam an international buyer ,i would like you to get back

to me with the present conditions of the car and pics if possible as

regards the payment i would be willing to pay via a cheque, banker

draft drawn out of a uk bank which i wouldnt mind

to wait till it gets cleared before having the keys to the car i

would also want you to know that iam ok with the price of 4250pounds

and i could as well part with

100pounds extra for you to put

the car

in good shape prior to the pickup please get me updated as soon as

possible.

Looking forward to doing business with you have a wonderful day

ahead of you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a question? Yahoo! Canada Answers. Go to Yahoo! Canada Answers

I tried to sell my tin top on autotrader recently and had exactly the same email. Junked it.

Don't ring the number either as its probably a £150 a minute phone line.

Andy

Guest timswait
Don't ring the number either as its probably a £150 a minute phone line

It's an English mobile number, probably pre pay so as to be untraceable.

Guest macca

Surely if you open an account with bank a to clear it, move the money to bank b, then close the 'clearing' account.

???????

Any solicitors/bankers on here????

Guest tom2b

yeah but would a fraudster risk there cover to go after you for defrauding them? probably just send someone round to kneecap you instead!

Guest Takumi

We had a few obviuously fake cheques, almost photocopies.. come throght HSBC.

I'm sure they were to do with people selling their cars come to think of it..

This scam is becoming quite routine for car sellers on ebay to deal with, and those using mags. If a buyer seems too good to be true, it is. Junk all emails and contact with them.

i mean the bank would be after you!!!

What happens is the money is organised for transfer into your account. As the money originates from abroad, it takes two weeks for the money to clear, but the banks show the money as in your account from 2 days after initiation, as customers want quick access to the money.

You pay them back the excess (using real money), and then after 2 weeks, the money you receive doesn't clear, and you've been shafted!

I'm sure they would be quite suspicious of anyone who opened an account, got a huge deposit, withdrew it all, closed the account, and then the money didn't clear properly.

At the end of the day, it is obtaining money (from your bank) by deception, and you would be done for fraud.

i mean the bank would be after you!!!

What happens is the money is organised for transfer into your account. As the money originates from abroad, it takes two weeks for the money to clear, but the banks show the money as in your account from 2 days after initiation, as customers want quick access to the money.

You pay them back the excess (using real money), and then after 2 weeks, the money you receive doesn't clear, and you've been shafted!

I'm sure they would be quite suspicious of anyone who opened an account, got a huge deposit, withdrew it all, closed the account, and then the money didn't clear properly.

At the end of the day, it is obtaining money (from your bank) by deception, and you would be done for fraud.

No it's a UK bankers draft... And I believe you can not draw on that money until it has cleared anyway.

Guest charlyfarly

Bankers Drafts are cheques drawn directly on the banks own account rather than the customers. (see APACS site )

So they can't actually bounce due to insufficent funds (unless the bank goes under), however they can be stolen/forged so can still be refused by the issuing bank for that reason.

Most banks will let you draw against a draft if you are an existing customer, but it is up to thier discretion - and dont forget cheques/drafts can still be refused *after* the clearing time - check out the pdf of the clearing cycle on the above link.

No I don't work for a bank :D

Guest neil harvey

Have sent these clowns a copy of Matt original scam andthey are still sending me Emails , this one today.

hello

how are you today fine i presume iam so sorry i havent spoken to you for some weeks, i have been indisposed however iam ok now and payment proccedings is in progress you would receive payment hopefully by monday next week i would like you to know that iam still very much interested in getting the car , thanks you so much for your patience and iam looking forward to a wonderful transaction hope to hear from you soon .

Regards

Tom west

This Email arrives after advising them that the car has been sold.

The other guy in this is called Jerry --- Tom & Jerry.

Another Email along the same lines from Walker (Crisps anyone ??)